11

Running into a whale when they were finally nearing the sea, their captain firing the canon at the gigantic creature, and punching it in the eye when his beloved special seat got broken.

No wonder they are now in the whale's stomach.

And the culprit that brought them in their current situation is not with them. Lucky him.

To their surprise, blue skies and a small island is what welcomed them in the creature's stomach. Not to mention, a Great King Squid, which was eventually killed with large harpoons. From where they were shot, it was from the house on the small island.

"Human." Megumi narrows her eyes as she sensed for any living being's chakra on the mini island. "A man." She deduced.

Just as she said, an old man strolled out of the door. An odd hairstyle, white hair and beard indicating his old age, pink patterned button up shirt and shorts. By the way he lounged on the inclined seat and read a newspaper, he looks like he's on a vacation. If only they are not in a whale's stomach, that is.

Megumi crinkled nose, the smell of acid is pungent. She fought not to gag at the horrible smell that does not seem to be affecting the others. She lifted her arm and covered her nose, smelling the sleeve of her coat in hopes of it ridding the awful scent.

A hand on her shoulder made her look behind her.

"Megumi, are you alright?" Usopp's gaze flickered on the peeking bandages on her clavicle. "I hope your injury didn't worsen."

Now that he mentioned it, her torso's twinging in pain. However, not like he's gonna tell them that.

"I'm fine. It doesn't hurt." He narrows his eyes at her, causing Megumi to roll her eyes. "If it hurts, I'll just take a pain reliever." She assures him and he backed off, his eyes not rid of worry.

Megumi entertained herself with the conversation with the old man, who soon introduced himself as Crocus while interrupting Zoro. It was amusing to see Sanji calm the annoyed swordsman and prevent him from cutting the old man unlike their usual routine which was to banter.

"They're all painted! It's all a painting inside of a whale's stomach!" Usopp realized as he stares at the blue sky.

"Call it a doctor's playful mind." Crocus replied.

Megumi stared at him, her gaze seemingly asking, 'Just how bored were you?'

"You bastard! What the hell are you even doing here?!" Now it was Zoro's turn to hold back the angry Usopp. Megumi puts her hand on the annoyed sniper's shoulder, also attempting to calm him.

"I would very much appreciate if we now leave this awful-smelling place." Megumi spoke, her voice muffled as she's still covering her nose.

The stench was becoming unbearable by the second. The image of her emptying the contents of her stomach would be quite a sight. She's quite sure a certain someone would use that opportunity to bully her. Excuse her for not being able to stand the smell.

"I do not intend to scare you guys, but we must make haste. Lest any of you want to be digested, of course. May I remind you we are currently inside a whale's stomach." She swallowed the bile in her throat. Kami. How are any of them able to stand this stench? "I wonder how long does it take for gastric acid to melt wood and human flesh."

"Oi, Megumi!" Usopp shivered at her words. "Stop scaring us!" he cries. She could feel him tremble.

"I am not." She rolled her eyes. "I am merely reminding you of our location and what will become of us if we stay here a little longer." Her eyes are now watering, the acid now's also assaulting her eyes.