1

"You are to drink your medicine in the specific time. I have labeled all the medicine bottles so you won't forget."

A harsh wind blew Megumi's long raven hair. Her gaze fell on the open window. She closed it, her patient whining, saying her room feels stuffy.

"The wind is cold, Kaya." Megumi lightly scolds, but she leaves the window slightly open to let small air come in. "You have to take better care of your body. I will no longer be here to always check on you."

She turns to the ram butler, handing him a small notebook. "Those are the ingredients for her medicine and how to make it. I also added recipes for vitamins and other medicines just in case you need it."

The butler scans the notebook, impressed at how detailed the contents are. She even drew illustrations just for it to be easily understood. "Thank you, Megumi-sama. We are extremely grateful for your help in treating the young miss." He and the servants bowed their heads, most of them tearing up.

Megumi felt uncomfortable. She knows she contributed a lot in treating the young lady, but they don't have to bow down like that. "I only shared the knowledge I have." She chose her words carefully and tried to be humble.

"Megumi, do you really have to leave?" Kaya embraced her from behind and buried her face in her back. "I am not fully healed yet. Can't you stay until then?"

Megumi shook her head and pats the head of her patient.

Kaya was bedridden when she first saw her. When the village doctor discovered her medical knowledge, he and the villagers dragged her to the mansion and begged her to take a look at her. Although she repeatedly said she is no doctor, they still kept begging her to check on the young miss. She did as they requested and with the small medical knowledge she acquired from her master, she assisted in treating her.

It's been six months since she's been making medicine for Kaya and other villagers. She has also been making money through hunting and supplying meat in the market.

Everyone in the village loved her and she has a long line of suitors.

She's living a simple life, but there's a part of her that's missing. Though she is happy, she feels empty.

The life she lives now doesn't suit her.

She is born in a ninja family and raised to be one of the best ninjas in the village. She grew up chasing after her older brother, eventually reaching the same level as him and became an anbu captain. So, living as a civilian is not her at all.

She had long told the couple who saved her and took her in, Anna and Rael, about these concerns. They expressed their understanding and support on whatever her next choices will be. And she thought of her next move carefully for the past months.

A long-nosed curly-haired man, who she saw hanging out by the tree nearest to Kaya's window, influenced her on her decision. Usopp, his name, informed her of the existence of bounty hunters whilst sharing an unrealistic story of his pirate adventures. Upon further discussion, she decided the job is the most suitable for her since it is close to her former occupation.

After months of arrangements, came her departure.

She informed the whole village. Though they were saddened, they were happy she found something that truly interests her, something she really wants to do. They assisted her in preparation, providing her stocks for her voyage. Kaya gifted her a small ship, which she refused and insisted to pay for, but after a long argument, she eventually gave in and accepted it. A small celebration was in lieu the night before her departure wherein they chatted, sang, and danced 'til dawn.