27

Never had Princess Nefertari Vivi heard silence so deafening in which a single strand of hair dropping could be heard from a mile away. Even the sound of breathing can't be heard. Not a single decibel.

The boys stuck in the cabin, watching their female nakama. Every single one barely leaving the room for chores or the loo.

Vivi could never be grateful and took advantage of their presence to research.

Sighing, she grabbed an unopened book at the messy pile left at the desk. But before she could turn the first page, a hand grabbed hers, stopping her.

Startled, the bluenette's eyes followed the stretched out arm and towards its owner.

"Meg hates it when somebody touches her stuff without permission." The groggy voice of the ship's captain spoke seriously.

The woman yanked her hand from his hold. "I am aware." Steeling her eyes, she tells him. "I will gladly accept any punishment from her. However, I can't just sit here, waiting for them to wake up when these medical books are lying around. I can't pass the opportunity to find a cure or atleast get an idea as to what their possible illnesses may be."

She starts flipping through the pages, absorbing the information with speed. "I understand that these are Meg-sama's personal belongings and I do respect her privacy, but I believe that's unnecessary in a situation as dire as this."

A hand suddenly appeared and grabbed a scroll. Vivi almost jumped in surprise, but lets out a breath of relief when it was only Usopp.

"As long as you're aware of the circumstances." The curly-haired sniper sat beside her while unrolling the scroll. "Megumi will most likely kill us for this, but I think she'll also be grateful for our efforts." He says, crying silently since he experienced firsthand the wrath of a raging Uchiha.

"She's scary when she's angry, but Meg-sama is a level-headed person. I'm absolutely sure she'll forgive us for this." Vivi threw the man beside her a tired smile before curling in the corner, just beside the table in order for her to be close enough to grab another book. "Or so I hope." She adds.

Eventually, the other boys stepped forward. Each of them grabbing either a book or a scroll. Vivi's heart softened when Mr. Swordsman and Luffy, whom she almost never saw touch a single paper picked up a whole binding of it, and much less read hundred thousands of words, mostly composing of medical terms. Although the rubber captain eventually gave up halfway through the thinnest book which he chose on purpose, at least he tried.

"So this are what I found that are possible causes for Meg to puke blood." Vivi flips to the marked parts of the piles of books on his lap. "Stomach cancer, pancreatic cancer, esophageal cancer, tumors, liver failure..."

"I don't think Meg has problems with her digestive system. I took notice of her eating habits and I don't see any indication she has, nor does she have any eating disorders, so cross those that are related to it." Sanji spoke, his fingers drumming his thigh.

"I also don't think she has respiratory problems or any heart condition." Usopp also chipped in. "Even if she runs for miles or a whole day straight without any break, you won't see her pant or have any struggles in breathing. She once chased me around our village for training, she never allowed me to stop and neither did she."

They gave him incredulous looks, making him squirm in discomfort. None of them believed the running for a whole day or the training part for obvious reasons.

"I am saying the truth!" Usopp defends himself. "I just sort of slacked off when she's gone so..."

The doubtful stares turns to disappointment, furthermore annoying the sniper but opted to shut his mouth as to not yell at them and disturb the patients.