41

Never have Luffy met someone interesting just like Meg. So when Ace expressed his growing interest on his lookout/ninja, he wasn't that confused because he understood.

Meg is like an unexplored cave: mysterious, dark, and scary. Normal people wouldn't have the guts to enter; only those who are incredibly stupid (like him) or those who have no self-preservation (also like him) are brave enough to step inside.

The opening of the cave is not that wide to the point you have to crawl in for the first few kilometers in total pitch darkness. Since you won't be able to see anything, you'll scrape and hit yourself multiple times, but you once you learn the pattern, the difficulty of the trudge shall be lessened and soon the passageway will be wide enough for you to be able to crouch.

The terrain shall change from there point on, but then again, you are required to notice the pattern and memorize it to continue further.

The farther you go, the more spacious the passage shall become, and little by little, light will pour in. You won't know where it came from, if it poured from the cracks or if it was from the deeper part of the cave. But Luffy learned to never question the things that happens, that these odd things are Megumi's graciousness.

As you continue your journey, you will encounter multiple passageways. It will be hard to decide which way you should go since traps are placed everywhere. One small mistake will either end your life or lead you back to the entrance. These passageways are meant to confuse you, to scare you enough to not continue. So, if you were just injured and is still capable to carry on, go forward. Take as much rest you need, but do not take too long as the path may disappear or change.

The path is arduous and the challenges are infinite. You will see unsightful things but continue your pursuit. Amongst what you saw, you are allowed to say honest comments but not judge. Do not forget what you witnessed, every little detail left on the way should be ingrained in your mind for it shall help you understand the pattern and soon it shall turn to a map.

If you managed to reach the cavern, mountains of treasures and clusters of crystals or precious stones will welcome you. But do not be blinded by greed; learn to reign in your wordly desire and only accept what is given. What is given may be small compared to the bundles of treasures, however, bear in mind that you are being tested by Meg.

Everything Meg does, shows, gives, says— anything— is important. They are valuable and should be cherished however small they may seem.

Luffy wishes everyone knew of these, especially the crew. But these are not something to be taught, but to be learned, since Meg's relationship with everyone is different.

Hence, the reason his mouth remained shut as he witnessed his brother rile her up by 'discretely' mentioning a member of her supposedly massacred clan.

Luffy may be an idiot but he ain't that stupid. He immediately knew it was Meg's older brother Ace was talking about. The thought of the man who nearly killed his friend running free and possibly searching for the kunoichi made his heart race, though his worry is not at all visible on his face.

Silence and Luffy. Such a rare and odd combination.

But there he was sitting beside Meg, not a single word spoken, not a sound heard. Simply his presence conveying his support for the stricken ninja.

*

Meg kept herself busy after that. They always found her head down on some papers that her exhausted falcon has delivered.

The crew knew better than to ask, assuming she was gathering data about the desert country's status and creating a list of their possible opponents.

Well, not like they're totally wrong. The ravenette was collecting information about an enemy that they may meet in Arabasta.