30

The billowing sound of the wind distracted Megumi from the crew's questioning looks. Her onyx eyes settled on the window, wondering how much heavier was the snowfall during her birth compared to. When the three simultaneously replied with "Yes", her sight returned on them.

She stared at them for a moment, and upon recognizing they are incomplete, with the lack of their swordsman and sniper, she chose to put off the topic for later.

"Sorry. Maybe next time."

They whined, complaining for her ruining their excitement. Megumi would've rolled her eyes, but she simply closed it, feeling lethargic- something that comes with her relapse.

She wanted to satisfy their curiosity, as she was also willing to reveal another information about herself, however, backed out to not offend those who are not with them at the moment (Usopp, Mosshead, and Princess Vivi).

But Luffy wouldn't let her go to sleep for leaving him with a cliffhanger.

"Tell me, Meg. What is it? What about reincarnation? Come on! Don't excite us then leave us hanging like that..." Blah blah blah. The rubberman went on, shaking her. Never stopping until she gave in. Not even when tick marks appeared on the kunoichi's forehead.

Nami and Sanji were no help. Both not making an effort to stop the captain.

"I won't talk if you won't stop shaking me, Luffy-kun."

The rubberman immediately stops, plopping back to his seat, his face bright with overflowing excitement. Just like a child awaiting for a reading of their favorite story.

Megumi blanched at his behavior, eye twitching in pending annoyance. Had she not respect this man, her fist would've collided with his grinning face. Sick or not, she still has strength to spare.

"Then, Luffy. Do you still remember the gods of the shinobi? I told you their origins before." Upon the lessons she gave him, she shared stories of some great shinobi throughout their history. The captain was enthralled by them, probably because of their strength or that they are similar to his idol: Gold Rogers.

The rubberman nods vigorously, saying he still remembers them, but Megumi knew he no longer know their names.

"There was..." His eyes darts upwards, fingers rubbing his chin as he searches his memory. "Hangerdomo. Mantra. Bushyrama. And..."

The kunoichi pressed her lips together, conflicted whether she should scold the teen for getting the names wrong or laugh. Eitherway, they had disrespect the gods, hence, the possibility of them getting cursed. Not like they already are with the dumbass captain of theirs. But still, she should commend the strawhat boy for the creativity of the names of the supposedly 'gods of shinobi.'

Well, this is Monkey D. Luffy she's talking about. He doesn't really care for names or such. The ones that stick to his head are the names of his nakama and of course, his food, preferably meat.

"How about the mother of chakra? Do you still remember?"

Luffy continues to ponder, pressing his index fingers on his temples, eyes closed.

"The alien?" He implores, his black orbs meeting hers. Meg nods in affirmation, slightly proud. "She the mother of the Hagramon, right? The sa-ke of paths something?"

His teacher (Meg) takes a deep breath and sighs. She nods, not even bothering herself on correcting Luffy's mistakes.

"I am tired." She pulls the blanket up to her nose and rolled to face the wall, her back turned them. But was once again forced to sit up by the man she calls her 'leader'.