19

Days passed peacefully, especially for Megumi. She enjoyed her alone time. And not once had she been bothered by the others. She was glad they treated her the same like they always has, though a certain moss head stopped being rude. She ain't complaining by his change of attitude since she was done arguing with him.

Zoro, as she noticed, had been the one serving her drinks and bringing her food. She knew it had something to do with the punishment she overheard from Nami and Sanji, thus, she has no qualms with it.

She also noticed the man limping and rubbing his knees, but she pretended not to see. Unless he approaches her and ask for a medicine, she won't help. She bore no grudges against the swordsman despite of what happened, but since he's the one to lecture her about reliance, he should be able to apply his teaching in real life.

She ate her meal in silence, casually finishing her painting. The swordsman remained, glancing at her once in a while. She did her best to ignore his piercing gazes, pouring her focus onto her artwork.

As she waited for the ink to dry, she finished her meal. Zoro noticed, approached her and took the soiled dishes from her hands.

Megumi blinks, dumbfounded by his actions. Grabbing her finished painting, she followed him. "I'll do it. Go take your nap, Zoro." It was around this time the man has his siesta time.

The swordsman stops, whirling around to face her. He stared at her dubiously, surprised she dropped the honorifics in his name.

He wasn't offended, not one bit. Truthfully, he felt a little giddy, glad she dropped the formality. However, he was taken aback.

Apart from the dropping of honorifics, he was surprised she talked to him first. The others had been making a bet on whom she will talk to first since she's never spoken a word the previous days.

"I-I..." Zoro clears his throat, trying to regain his composure. "I'll do it. You..." His brown eyes falls on the paper in her grasp. "-proceed painting." He turns away, taking long strides toward the kitchen.

Megumi huffs at his ridiculousness, amused how flustered he looked. Such an awkward guy.

Who knew he had that character hidden beneath that strong and proud appearance of his. Still, his flushed face sure is cute- She did not say that! She did not!

Shrugging, she turns herself in the room she shared with the other women in the crew. The presence of the redhead and blue-haired women shook her. They exchanged glances, the two giving her an awkward smile which she returned.

"Do you need anything, Meg-san?" Nami asks hesitantly. She and Vivi crowded the bed, so she wonders if they're restricting her or something.

"Would you please hand me my sketchbook please." Megumi asks, no longer embarrassed to ask for favors. "It's in the first drawer. The gray colored book." She instructs Nami.

The navigator sprung from the bed and took out the sketchbook she mentioned. She was hesitant to open her drawer, but Megumi ensured her it's fine. She scans the perfectly aligned scrolls and books, her brown eyes catching two gray books.

"Meg-san, there are two." Nami looks over her shoulder as she informs the kunoichi. "Which one is your sketchbook?" She wouldn't dare open her stuff, she may be a burglar but she won't touch the assassin's belongings.

"The one with a splotch of white paint at the lower right corner of its cover."

Nami picks up the books and scanned them. She flipped them, finally seeing the miniscule splotch at the corner. It was so small that she almost didn't notice it. Megumi's attention to detail sure is impressive.