22-The date

6 months later Y/N and Stephen were going on a date for the first time leaving Lily and Howard in the trusty hands of Tony and Peter "Are you sure you've got this?" Y/N asks in worry watching her son hold Lily in his arms "Yes, now go Mom. We've got this. We are the dream team." Peter said. Stephen gently leads Y/N away "Love, I know you love then. But, we gotta go or we'll be late." Stephen said before turning to face the 2 adults "But, please look after them." he said he and Y/N walk out to his car "They will be fine, dear they're in good hands." he tries to reassure her. "It's not the kids I'm worried about," she said getting in the car.

In the restaurant, it has a soft yellow glow as the waiter leads them to their table near the big windows showing the beautiful night sky. They both order their food and drinks and start to talk. "Are you okay?" Stephen asks looking at her, deep into her eyes, she is dressed in a light blue dress and he is in a suit. "Yea, just a little cold. Could I have your jacket please?" she asks with a soft smile. He smiles and starts to take it off but suddenly changes his mind "No because I'll get cold." he said not meeting her eyes. 'Strange' she thought "Apart from that are you okay?" he asks finding more interest in his drink. "Yeah, fine. Stephen are you okay your acting, strange. Stanger than usually." she said looking at him waiting for him to look up at her. He sighs looking up into her eyes, his eyes are the normal blueish green but with a little gold in them. "I don't know what my life would be like without you. I don't think I'll be able to live in a world without a Y/N Stark. Because the truth is I need you Y/N. You are my everything, I love waking up to see your face, I love how you smile when Peter speaks a million miles per second about MJ or the way you just nod to everything Tony says because you don't have a clue what he's talking about. I love you, I will always love you, and I will never stop being in love with you. You are my light in this world, I would do anything for you, anything for our children. You are the person I want to see first in the morning and the last person I see at night. So Y/N Stark will you please marry me?" he asks softly with teary eyes getting on one kneel and opening a dark green box showing a gold ring with a diamond and two green gems on the sides. Y/N puts her hand over her mouth crying "Yes, of course. I'll marry you." she said getting up, pulling Stephen up kissing him deeply as he slips the ring on her finger.