Showing Their Talent

I have them make something without the turntable first just to get us to the feeling. When they get a hold of it I go over to everyone that wants to sing and dance. I have them show me their talent so I can see what I'm working with. I have music hooked up playing over the speakers just so it wasn't too quiet. The room luckily had a projector so I Bluetooth sync my phone with it so I could play videos and images shown to them. There was a smaller room attached to this one so I wanted to use that.

I wanted to take turns teaching the dance and singing so when I teach one the others go to the other room to practice and not disturb the class. It was nice seeing how excited they all were for this. I write the order of how classes will be for the dance and singing groups on the whiteboard. I made sure the dance class was ok with what type of dance they wanted to learn. They liked Trevor's picks of hip hop and breakdance so we go with those for now. I let them all listen to and watch music videos.

I walk over to the guys seeing what they are making with the pottery. "If you guys want to make anything specific and need a reference, I can get warden to print off pictures."

They give me the first things they wanna try to make. I giggle at how excited they were so I get my phone out and text Alpha if he can do that and hit send. I put my phone back into my pocket and looked at Lucian seeing he was really into his work. I walk over smiling standing a little away from him to give him space.

"Can I see how the art's coming?" I asked kindly and squatted down to his level as he was on the floor.

I guess I snapped him out of his train of concentration as he looked up at me shocked. He held the sketch pad to his chest tight, "I'm not done yet, maybe I'll show you later." He looks away from me as he speaks.

"Sure take your time, there is no need to rush anything. Same thing as the others. If there is anything you want to draw I can see if I can bring it in, you just have to ask." I give him a smile.

"Thank you," He said with a nod.

It was great seeing everyone having fun with these classes. They all seem to be getting into a groove with what they are doing. I help everyone that does dance with their form and how to execute a move they want. It took a while to get a hang of but they were getting better at it. We start out with easy moves first and slowly work our way up to the harder ones. Lucian even showed me some of the stuff he draws. He drew some of the guards and inmates as well. He was really good and very talented.

"Keep up the great work Lucian, you have a lot of talent to do even bigger work." I give him a smile.

"Thanks, Luna, that's very nice of you to say." He gave a small smile back.

Slowly summer break was coming to an end as well as Falcon's training and Rue's summer camp. So I will have to make classes 2 hours shorter so I can pick Rue and Falcon up and drop them off at school. So the week I would be picking them back up I let the guys know about the later time we start and end classes early. They all understood with me being a single parent to two teenage kids. It was nice they understood and were ok with it all.

I lean on the door watching the dance class seeing how they are handling it on their own. I smile watching them having fun and working together making up dance moves. Over the next few days, everyone was having fun. I was told by the guards the guys would show off their new dance moves to their groups of friends. They even showed me a few video clips they took of them dancing.

I did spot in the background of the videos, Lucian, off on his own with his sketchbook. I looked over at him as we were in class but I noticed he was looking in our direction. He saw me look over and he looked back down at his sketchbook. I went over to the pottery guys and they were making clay sculptures of some animals. From a Dragon to a snake and a skull of a k9. They were going all out with these, a lot more than when they started out.

"Wow guys you're doing great when you think you are done I'll bring them to my place to put in the kiln so they set right and bring them back to paint them if you want to." I gave them the idea.

"HELL YEAH, I wanna paint this beast of a dragon." Virion said with excitement.

"Haha ok write down the colours you want on a piece of paper and I'll bring them over."