Some Interesting Facts You Should Know About The Fate Trilogy

Hello again, again!

I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to leave just yet. Hope you feel the same way too.🥰

Writing is not easy! I don't know if you know that. And it can be super unpredictable, just like life!

Before writing, every writer has a plan, no matter how little it is. But during the process, things are bound to change. So if you think we always have it figure out from the beginning, you're very wrong.😂

Check out some interesting facts about The Fate Trilogy:

Did you know:

That the initial title of this trilogy was The Striving Muslimahs Trilogy?
This was back in 2020 when I started publishing the book I here. But while writing the book II, I decided to change the title.

...
Kauthar's name was initially Sumayya.

Back in 2019, when I was still planning Juju Lady in my head, Sumayya was the first name that came to me. But as I started, Kauthar started calling to me, and I couldn't resist.😋

...

The title: The Juju Lady Next Door was not inspired by the current plot:

Kauthar is a village girl who gets married to Ismail, a city boy, who lived abroad, because their fathers were best friends. After marriage, they move to London, where Kauthar befriends her next door neighbour, not knowing that she was Ismail's first wife. Hence, the title: The Juju Lady Next Door.

But why didn't I use this storyline?🤔😏

...
TRIALS was initially supposed to be Walida's story alone. And it had a different title.

Can you guess?

...

When I started writing TJLND, I didn't start with the prologue, but a letter Kauthar wrote to Salsabil.

Don't ask where it is now...😝

...

In 2021, I thought of changing the title of Juju Lady Next Door. Can you guess the titles I thought of?

Fun fact: it has 'fate' in it.

...

Initially, the main characters in TRIALS were: Meena, Walida, and Barakah.

I later included Kauthar because
...😌

...

Barakah's initial name was Khairat.

...

Kauthar's initial storyline was:

After Barakah gets kidnapped, Kauthar blames Rose and they get into a huge fight. And it was Rose that finds out about Hidaya's involvement. She informs Kauthar, but Kauthar shuns her. Later she finds out and seeks Rose's forgiveness. And at the end, Kauthar apologizes and convinces Ismail to...

Guess. 🤪

...

I was going to include Meena's wedding in TRIALS. And Badr was initially supposed to be a possessive and obsessive person. But as I was writing, plans changed. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

So you'd know what's up in book III.😏
...

Last but not the least...

Walida's initial storyline was:

After Shamsu's shop got burnt, Walida took responsibility for the house's finances, making Shamsu relax. Later she starts to complain, but he refuses to change. So she leaves the house. Then... That was where I stopped before the current storyline popped in. But that doesn't mean this storyline is void.

In fact, all the storylines I ended up not using are not void. They're actually very good, maybe even better. But...writers don't force a storyline. Just like, in life, not every good thing is meant for you, so it is in stories. We may create a story, but it's the story that tells itself at the end. All we do is write it as it should be, not as we want it.
...

So... I hope you got enlightened with all this info, be you, writer or reader.

...

Before we leave, for real, I need book title ideas for book III. So if you have any, do share. You'd be given due credit in the book.

Okay...

Until Book III comes your way, in sha Allah.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

❤❤❤
F. I Uthman (Zah Storyteller HQ)