EPILOGUE

GIO'S POINT OF VIEW

"Baby, just please, wear the princess crown?"

"I don't wanna. I'm not a princess. I'm a warrior." Amanda face-palmed with what Aeiou said.

Tonight is Aeiou's 10th birthday. She just came home last week from New York because up until now, she still insists to study there and we didn't have the guts to force her to study here instead. We promised to support her decisions no matter what, so that's what we're doing until now.

"Okay. But can't you be a princess and a warrior at the same time? Just for mama, hmm?" Here comes the best actress of the year, trying to tame Aeiou with those glittering eyes. Well, that always works to me.

Aeiou sighed. "Fine."

And unfortunately works to our little princess warrior too.

"Yikes! Here comes the crown!" Amanda put the princess crown on Aeiou's head. Pagkatapos ay umalis ito para magtawag ng hairstylist para ayusin ang buhok nito para hindi mahulog ang crown.

"Babe, dito na muna kayo." I nodded to what she said.

Amanda and I already got married a few months ago. It was just a simple church wedding with a few guests invited as per her request. She wanted an intimate wedding. Maybe it's because of her field of work. She literally got married in most of her romantic films that grand wedding doesn't excite her that much now. Syempre ginusto ko rin namang pantayan o lampasan ang mga kasal na iyon pero mas mahalaga pa rin saakin ang opinyon ni Amanda kaysa sa sasabihin ng kahit sino o maging ng sarili kong opinyon. And I did not regret abiding to her requests because it made our wedding more special and meaningful.

Kami nalang ni Aeiou ang narito sa kwarto niya habang hinihintay na bumalik si Amanda. Looking at her now, she's more different from the first time I saw her when she was still 8 years old. She's more expressive now. Hindi gaya noon na halos nagmumukha nang wala siyang pakialam sa lahat.

I then stood up from my seat and stand behind Aeiou who's now facing her vanity mirror. Tinaas niya ang tingin saakin saka ako tinaasan ng kilay. I just chuckled. Yep. After two years, her attitude stays the same.

I put my hand in my pocket. She looked at it from the reflection. "What's that?" She curiously asked. I took out my hand, now holding a necklace with a crescent moon pendant on it. It has a shade of green on the edges of the shape. I personalized it to match her wonderful green eyes. Her eyes widened by the sight of it.

"W-What..." hindi na niya matuloy ang sasabihin niya dahil sa gulat na siyang inaasahan ko. I placed the necklace in front of her with my two hands on the both ends of the lace. Good thing her hair is already braided up. Hindi ako nahirapang ipasuot sa kanya ang kwintas.

"Close your mouth, sweetheart." I laughed a bit. Agad naman itong sumunod at inabot ang pendant ng necklace.

"Like it?"

"I..."

"You don't have to answer. We don't have to talk about it, love." I said and leaned down to gently kiss her temple.

The door then opened and Amanda entered with a hairstylist. Agad din namang napansin ni Amanda ang kwintas nang makalapit ito.

"Wow, is that tito Gio's gift?" Tumango naman si Aeiou bilang sagot dahil abala na niyang pinagmamasadan ang kung anumang ginagawa ng hairstylist sa buhok nito.

"What's with the moon?" Amanda poked my waist and made a whisper.

"It's our secret." I leaned to her ear and whispered back. I smirked when she only rolled her eyes.