Chapter 12

[ Edited on June 3, 2016 ]

_____

One would never know how they'd sleep, unless if someone tells them about how loud they snore or how their mouth would slightly open. In Christian's case, it was no different. Alexandra woke up to find her best friend sprawled on her sofa: his head was resting on a pillow while his feet dangled on the other side.

Christian had always drooled when he slept. Pair that with a steady snore and one would be able to imagine him sleeping on her couch.

Alexandra huffed, giving up on trying to wake him up politely. For the past five minutes, all her attempts were useless in waking him up from his deep slumber. At that exact instant, Carlos knocked on the door of her room. He didn't need her permission and Carlos opened the door soon after. "Sis, you ready?" asked Carlos, only to see Alexandra jerking her thumb towards her best friend snoring on the couch. A devilish grin made its way to his lips as he stepped inside.

"May I have the honor?" he asked, and Alexandra nodded with a grin.

Carlos rubbed his hands together before lying on top of Christian on his back. Her best friend's eyes shot up immediately, shocked at the sudden weight. However, he couldn't stand up or move, which made her giggle. Carlos was closing his eyes as if he was laying back on a recliner. Christian's attempt to push Carlos off of him was futile and he decided to finally speak.

"Pickles and cream, Carlos! I'll avada kedavra you if you don't get your fat butt off me!" half-shouted and half-wheezed Christian as he uselessly continued to wiggle out from under him. Alexandra bursted out laughing at his words.

Meanwhile, Carlos gasped dramatically. "I'm not fat! I'm chubby," he said, pinching his cheek to emphasize his statement. Still laughing, Alexandra pulled Carlos off Christian, much to Christian's relief. Immediately, he gladly gulped in lungfuls of air. Carlos found this funny and started to laugh along with Alexandra.

Clearly embarrassed, Christian glared at the two of them. "You," he pointed a finger at Carlos, "need a diet." Snorting, Carlos rolled his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest.

"I love my body," he reasoned, patting his belly defensively. It was Christian's turn to roll his eyes.

"Anyway," he continued, giving a pointed look to Alexandra. "You need to find a more acceptable way in waking a person up." Then, he started to ramble on about how her tactics of waking him up was not entertaining. Alexandra walked towards her bathroom as he continued to babble on the couch and started to brush her teeth while Carlos decided that it was time to eat his pre-breakfast meal.

The main reason why she had woken up at five in the morning was the continuation her usual routine: go for an early-morning jog, eat breakfast and do random things for the rest of the day. For today, Carlos was running with her since he wanted to practice archery with her.

Archery wasn't a very useful skill nowadays, but it was fun to practice nonetheless. People usually settled for firearms since bullets were far more efficient than arrows. However, Carlos and her usually kept their practices secret because of Brian. Whenever Brian catches them 'spending precious time doing useless stuff', he'd start to lecture them about the necessity of doing useful things. By 'useful things' he actually meant: training in hand-to-hand or wolf-to-wolf combat, tracking and other related stuff.

Carlos equally found it boring, thus reason of their 'secret sessions' happening every now and then.

"Are you done?" she asked, tying the laces of her rubber shoes. Christian huffed, unable to believe that she wasn't listening to his rant, before standing up.