Chapter 4

[ Edited on May 9, 2016 ]

_____

Christian, being the big idiot he was, decided to scare the living daylights out of Alexandra. At the moment, she was in the process of hitting him with the bag of marshmallows.

Stepping back in time for exactly ten minutes, she was comfortably sitting on a log with her s'more in hand. Christian complained about being bored all because she rejected his offer of helping her prank Sam back for the spider incident. As tempting as it was, she didn't want to waste a perfect evening with her best friend just to throw a bunch of fluffballs in Sam's room.

She didn't even know how to catch a fluffball.

"Darn it." He muttered, standing up and walking towards a clump of bushes.

Alexandra laughed at him. "You keep going every hour or so."

"I shouldn't have drunk so many glasses of lemon juice earlier," he turned his back to her while she cracked up in her log.

Suddenly, he stumbled forward and disappeared within the bushes. Alexandra laughed even more at his show and clumsiness. "Did you catch one?" she called out and for a moment, waited for his reply.

A minute rolled by, and there were no signs of Christian reappearing from the bushes or his answer. Growing worried, she stood up and walked over towards the bushes. Did he hit his head?

Alexandra's hands paused midway in her attempt to look into the bushes when she heard a growl from behind her.

Swiveling around, she came face to face with a large and menacing white wolf. It bared its fangs at her, but the only thing she had her attention on was the big spider resting on the rogue wolf's head. Alexandra gave out a strangled cry as it advanced towards her, making her fall backwards on the bushes.

One word: Disgusting.

The wolf stopped growling when it also seemed to have noticed the creature on its head. For a moment, everything stayed still: Alexandra wasn't breathing at all as she was sprawled on the bushes; the wolf's eyes seemed to have widened a fraction; and the wind was gone.

Well, it was that until the flying spider stood on its back legs and hissed at them.

Alexandra scrambled out of her position just in time to dodge the white wolf's body slamming into it, shaking its head furiously in its desperate attempt to shake the threatened spider off. The wolf gave out a loud yelp as the spider flew off into the forest.

Gasping for air, she watched from her position in front of the tent as the wolf tried to nurse its already-swelling ear. Its effort wasn't going nicely. Alexandra bit her lip before cautiously approaching it. The white wolf turned its head towards her, watching her with brown eyes.

Brown eyes.

Upon realizing who it actually was, Alexandra's nostrils flared as she glared at him. Christian visibly shrunk underneath her heated glare and for a moment, he tried to look innocent.

She grabbed the bag of marshmallows on the log and ran after him, whacking his head repeatedly with it as she emphasized her words. "What. The. Heck. Was. That? You. Stupid. Reckless. Ass!" Christian whimpered at her word — particularly 'ass' — since she never called him that.

With a humph, she discarded the empty bag (the marshmallows flew out as she hit Christian with it) and turned back towards the tent.

Alexandra dug through the things he had inside it until she finally saw the first aid kit. She walked out and saw that Christian was right outside the tent, trying to lick his ear. Swiftly, she opened the kit and took out a clean piece of cloth.