-Chapter 25-

Kansas and Byron walked through the forest for a few minutes. It was silent again but Kansas couldn't tell him of anything to say, it reminded her of the beginning of their journey. Kansas's head filled with Finnicks comment. Everything was connected to magic except humans of course they wanted nothing to do with magic. But yet she felt a connection to the plants, the sun, the stars, everything. Byron suddenly grabbed Kansas's shoulder and pulled her back. She could see a doorway standing near the forest. They walked over to the door and Byron looked at the door with a confused tone.

"This is it?!" Byron said, pointing to a door, "I mean I at least thought that there would be houses. Well it doesn't look like there is a town. Maybe the rest was cursed to disappear." "No silly, there's a passcode to get in. In our case all you have to say is what you want and you can go in." She went over to the door and knocked. A voice from inside answered and said,

"Enter if you can, but if you wish to buy or sell there is a price to pay." Kansas opened a hatch and put the key inside. A hand grabbed it and opened the door. They went in and saw a narrow passage. They carefully walked past the door looking for the person that took their money but couldn't see anyone. Kansas and Byron put their hoods up and walked down a narrow hallway but once they got to the end, Kansas couldn't believe her eyes. There were creatures of all sizes and colours, some brown and some green. Suddenly Kansas realized it was a colony of creatures, there were fairies and pixies, goblins and ghouls. They were refugees of the war.

"Byron... These creatures, are you seeing them?" He nodded, looking around at everything. Kansas began to walk into the town as she eyed the shops. After walking for a few minutes, Kansas spotted a sign labeled pharmacy.

When they walked in, the ogre that was at the front desk eyed them suspiciously but Kansas tried her best to ignore them. There was one other creature in the room as well as them, Kansas guessed it was a troll. She and Byron spread out looking for the medicine and finally Kansas saw the bottle they were looking for only in time for it to be taken by the other troll. The troll bought the medicine and left the pharmacy before Kansas could say anything.

"Hey!" Kansas tried shouting but the streets were too loud to hear. She watched the troll enter a tavern, so she pulled Byron to see.

"Look! That's where the troll went in." They walked through the doors. They looked around the room. Kansas spotted a troll holding a bottle and putting it on the table. Kansas put her hand out and Byron put the money bag in her hand. She took all the coins out and whispered,

"Don't hate me."

"Wait, why?" She walked over to the table and slammed her hand down.

"Deal me in." Kansas said as the trolls looked at her. She took her hood off and said,

"What are you scared of? A girl?" The troll closest to her picked the coins up and into her hands.

"We don't play with girls." Byron chuckled to himself.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He said under his breath. He knew what would happen next. Kansas stood up. She got her dagger out and pointed it at the troll's neck. Everyone's eyes were on her.

"Deal me in or you won't deal again." The troll with the cards dealt her in as quickly as he could."Good." She said as she sat down. They passed her cards. She put her rest of their money on the table. Kansas watched as the rest of the trolls pushed things forward but the troll who had the medicine didn't push it forward.

"Why don't we make this a little more exciting? Why don't you add in your potion thing and I'll add in this." Kansas said as she took off Cobalt's necklace. Byron gasped behind her and tried to hold Kansas's shoulder but she pushed him away as she stared down the troll. The troll looked at the medicine and then at her and pushed the bottle forward. She looked down at her cards. She had a Dragon, a troll and a morgle. Kansas knew she wouldn't so when none of the trolls were looking she transformed the card to be a Savior. Once they all put their cards down, Kansas smiled and said,

"I win, boys. Pleasure." She gave the medicine to Byron. "I'm sure you guys can split the rest evenly."

"WAIT!" One of the trolls said, "I saw your eyes flash red. You're a sorcerer!" Kansas sighed and said,

"Fine, we'll make things difficult." Kansas punched the troll she had taken the medicine from and ran to the door, Byron close on her tail. The two ran through the trolls knocking one or two unconscious that were trying to stop them when suddenly a huge troll walked up to her. Kansas knew both of them wouldn't get out so and said,

"Byron, get this to Jonah." She threw the potion to him and faced the huge troll again. Once she was sure Byron would be safe, she looked back at the troll and breathed in deeply thinking of what Adailia had told her. Suddenly her eyes started to glow red and her feet left the ground. She held out her hand and in a blinding light the troll turned to dust. Kansas ran towards Byron and the exit.

"How!?" Byron shouted as she caught up to him.

"I just needed it to happen and felt like it was meant to happen." They stopped at the door from before.

"So can you do it again?" Byron asked, seeing the creatures close on their trail. Kansas put her hand on the door and muttered,

"Come on." Over and over again. She took a breath and her eyes started to glow again and the door shattered into a million pieces. Kansas and Byron jumped over the rubble but suddenly Byron saw something glistening on the floor. He picked up the shiny key he had given the door only a while ago. Byron chuckled to himself and tucked into his cloak pocket. They ran until they could see Jonah and Byron.

"What happened?" Jonah said but Byron explained,

"Long story short we got the medicine but we also learned something else. Just watch." Byron motioned to Kansas who was facing the monster running towards the group. She pointed a finger at them and a force field appeared around them, blasting other trolls away.

"What?!" Jonah exclaimed.

"Oh yeah we forgot to mention, she can do that now." Byron said. Kansas ran past them.

"We're running guys."

"Oh right." Jonah and Byron said as they followed. They got onto the carriage and sped away but the trolls were too fast. Kansas looked at the goblin that had caught up to them and held out her hand. Nothing happened. She had lost her power. She slowly took a breath and stood up on the cart. She got her bow and arrow out and targeted her enemy. She noticed the horse catching up to the carriage. Jonah saw and shouted,

"What are you doing?!"

"Do you trust me?" He looked at her.

"Of course!" Jonah shouted. Kansas looked back at the monster as she shot the arrow right in the head of the monster.

"Yeah!! That's my sister!" Byron shouted as she sat down.

"Something happened. My magic... faded, like I had run out." Kansas faced Jonah as he said,

"I'm not sure."

"I know." A voice said from a corner of the cart. Jonah and Kansas looked at Finnick who had woken up from a nap. Finnick cleared his throat and continued,

"A Sorcerer can run out of energy if they use too much magic. In the Beyond, there are gems called Power Gems and they boost your magic to %200."

"How do you know so much about the Savior and the Sorcerers?" Jonah asked, crossing his arms.

"My father is a Mage." Finnick snapped.

"Oh really?" Jonah said, sarcastically, "What type of Mage?"

"He's a..." Finnick stopped talking. "He's a..." Kansas and Jonah listened intensively as Finnick tried to remember what Mage his father was.

"It doesn't matter what type of Mage he is," Finnick finally said, "All that matters is that he is right and knows these sorts of things." Jonah smirked as Kansas said,

"Now that I think about it, Finnick, no one knows what type of Mage your father is."

"Exactly." Jonah said, "So your father is either a fraud or has a secret and I'll bet fifty gold coins it's the second option." Kansas turned to Jonah after seeing Finnicks upset face and said,

"It doesn't matter how Finnick knows what he knows, alright? So back off." Jonah rolled his eyes and slumped down. The rest of the ride was silent.