-Chapter 8-

They opened their eyes as they adjusted to their surroundings. They were in a white space, but instead of there being walls it was just empty, like nothingness yet with everything. There was no way to describe it except light and empty. They started to walk around, it seemed endless.

"Look for a door or some sort of exit to get out." Suddenly a red light appeared. It began to move in a circular motion creating a circle and moving on to drawing different shapes. More and more appeared in different colors, Aqua, Maroon, Gold, purplish-black, pink and sage green. Each made the design of a person inside or circle holding an object.

There was one that was different from the rest. Half was light blue and the other half was navy blue. On the light blue side was a young boy who looked a little older than Byron and on the dark blue side was a girl who looked Kansas's age. Byron felt his heart rate increase for only a second as he looked at the girl's face that had just been outlined by the navy blue light. Kansas looked at all of the different people. Some small, others tall. She stopped at one and gasped,

"Byron, who does this look like?" She said in shock. He walked over to her and stood in awe.

"It looks a lot like that boy Finnick." He said

"Too much like Finnick."

They walked past many others that they didn't recognize. Kansas turned around and saw one that caught her attention. It was a red design and it was a girl with long hair and a long dress. She was wearing a necklace with a snake design wrapping around the gem. Kansas placed a hand on the necklace Cobalt gave her. It was the same design, could it be? She thought.

Suddenly a bright light appeared almost blinding Kansas and Byron. When they opened their eyes where the runes once stood people or animals began appearing out of thin air. The girl that looked Kansas had disappeared and now standing was a woman with long blonde hair and sparkling teal eyes. The woman took a step forward and her face changed to a soft smile.

"Hello, Kansas and Byron CloudsDale." The woman said

"Who are you?!" Kansas shouted so confused.

"How do you know who we are?" Kansas stood tall as the woman gilded around them.

"I know everything about you, Kansas. Your birthday is November 16th, you love animals and a certain boy contacted you almost 24 hours ago telling you that you needed to help save the world. That's why you're here now, you are looking for him." Kansas gasped,

"How do you know that?"

"Because I sent him. My name is Avyanna the Elder of Creation and Destruction." Kansas took a step back and her knees suddenly felt like jelly.

"Is it true, then? That I'm the next Savior?" Avyanna nodded and said,

"Yes. You will be the next Sorcerer of Creations and Destruction, Life and Death, Savior whatever you want to call it. But to truly make the Savior I must mark you as Savior."

Kansas gasped. She looked at Byron who clenched his fists so tight he felt like they would bleed and said,

"Kansas... Don't do this." Kansas smiled softly and said,

"Do it." Byron put a hand on her shoulder and said,

"Wait!" She turned to him

"Think about this. You can't go back once you've been marked. It's the most painful thing you can endure. Are you sure you want this?" Kansas' heart raced as she held out her hand.