-Chapter 18-

As Kansas and Isaac walked down a hallway encased with paintings, Kansas looked at the stone walls surrounding her. Fire marks covered the ceiling and even ran down a few paintings. Kansas thought about asking but she assumed it would be impolite to ask what had happened. There was a long silence between them until Kansas saw the stones in the wall begin to move around until they formed an arch and Pendragon walked through. Even though Kansas had seen Pendragon before she couldn't help but stare at her beauty.

"Your dragon is beautiful." Kansas admired as Pendragon caught up to them. Her white scales and piercing blue eyes were as sharp as knives. Even looking at them, Kansas had shivers running down her back.

Thank you. A crisp voice spoke in Kansas's head. It sounded almost identical to Isaacs but higher in pitch. Kansas took a step back and shouted,

"What was that?!"

"That was Pendragon. She slid into your consciousness and told you what she thought." Isaac chuckled.

This is a special thing Dragons can do, Pendragon explained, If you are strong enough no one can get in your mind but your master or your dragon.

"So you can sort of read my thoughts?" Kansas asked as the dragon nodded.

In a way. It isn't like normal telepaths. You rely on your minds and consciousness but we communicate using our hearts.

"For centuries we have been hidden here in this spire. In this cave, like cowards." Isaac spoke, angrily, as they passed paintings which seemed to be older and more worn out.

"I can see you and Jonah are good friends." Kansas blushed,

"He was really nice to me and he is very brave." She passed a painting but stopped. Something about the man reminded her so much of someone she knew.

"The man... He looks just like Jonah." Kansas pointed out. Isaac looked solemnly at the painting of the woman with long ginger hair, Kansas felt like smiling every time she looked at the woman's bright smile. It was the same smile Jonah had.

"It can't be. Are these Jonah's parents?" Isaac looked at the painting and his eyes started to water and he looked down. Kansas could see the pain in his eyes.

"Yes. They died heros. Protecting Jonah."

"I have to tell Jonah this. He has a right to know."

"He can't. Not yet. You don't know what will happen if he finds out." Kansas spun around as she heard a gasp behind them.

"They died to protect me? They were Dragon Masters?" Jonah asked, his voice choking. Kansas looked back at Isaac and then at Jonah. They had the same eyes. Kansas gasped.

"He's your grandson." She said, finally making sense why Storm met them when she did. "Jonah's your grandson and you asked Storm to follow us to make sure we were safe. It wasn't a coincidence that we met her, you told her to." Isaac looked back at Jonah and said,

"Guilty." Jonah didn't move, he just stared at Isaac until he finally spoke,

"Why didn't you take care of me?" Isaac stopped smiling and said,

"I went to look for you. But the Elders stopped me. They told me you were part of a prophecy, I tried to convince them I would take good care of you but they refused to tell me where they hid you. I hope you can forgive me." Jonah crossed his arms and said nothing.

"If Jonah is a descendant of a Dragon Master shouldn't he be one?" Kansas quiered. Isaac went over to a guard and whispered something and the guard walked off in the opposite direction.