John Silver💎

How you meet:
My chest felt like it was going to collapse if I continued to run anymore, but I had to find Kaida. My daughter had run off somewhere after another kid had yelled at her, and now I couldn't find her. I made my way down to the beach to try and find her.

I slid down a sand dune and nearly tripped when I saw her with a man who seemed to be trying to comfort her. I raced down, stopping to catch my breath. Kaida looked at me, then rushed to me, hugging me tightly. "I'm sorry mommy, I shouldn't have run off like that..." tears were running down her face, so I sat down next to her.

"It's ok Kaida, it's ok." I wiped her tears away, and after a moment, she calmed down. I smiled at her, standing both of us up. "Why don't you introduce me to your new friend." Kaida smiled, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the man. He smiled at me, his cyborg parts clicking.

"The names John Silver ma'am. Pleasure to meet you." He extended his mechanical hand for me to shake. I shook it, smiling at him. "I've never seen you around here. Anything specific you came here for?" He laughed, then his mechanical leg nearly gave out. He sighed, adjusting himself. "Looking for a mechanic to fix my leg, also treasure, but I need my leg fixed first."

I nodded, knowing there was treasure on this planet. "My brothers a mechanic that can help with that, and then I can guide you to some treasure if you'd like." He smiled, trying to walk a bit. "That would be great!"

Getting to know each other:
It had taken the better part of the afternoon, but I had finally managed to get John to my brother's workshop. As my brother was getting the tools he needed, I sat down next to John, watching as Kaida followed her uncle around.

John sighed. "She must have a great father." I shook my head. "I'm afraid not. Her father left me, her, and her older brother on the night we were supposed to get married. She was too young to remember him, but my son does, and he can't even talk about him without getting angry." John hummed in understanding. "What's your son's name." I looked out the window, watching him play with some friends just outside my cafe. "His name is Orion. He's a good kid. Now you know my sob story, so tell me what happened to your leg."

John smiled sadly, looking down at his damaged leg. "I let greed get the best of me, I betrayed a young man who meant a lot to me, and he cut my leg. We parted on good terms though." I nodded, then my brother came in And started patching John up. It only took about fifteen minutes for him to finish, and John was soon back on his feet.

"So about that treasure."

They save you:
I had put my kids to bed with John's help, then started to lead him up a mountain where a cave of treasures was waiting. My great great grandfather, a notorious pirate captain, had found some treasure and left it here, then disappeared, leaving his wife to take care of their only son. We relied on this treasure in hard times, but there was so much of it that I could spare some.

"So, who was your great great grandfather?" John huffed behind me, not used to climbing so much. I smiled back at him, moving some vines and Ivy to show the cave. "My great-great-grandfather was captain Nathaniel Flint." John looked at me in shock, so I decided to explain a bit further.

"Flint met his wife within his last five years of pirating and had a child with her in the last year. He wanted to stay with her and the baby, but it was too dangerous, so he left her and their son here with some of the treasure. We've had it ever since, and have used it as little as possible, only in difficult times, but there's so much, I think we can spare some." John's eyes widened at the treasure, gently grabbing a small handful and letting it fall through his fingers. "This is incredible..."

"And it'll be even more incredible once it makes us rich!" I looked behind me to see some of the men from the village, holding guns and swords. I froze in place, but John was quick, pulling out his sword and making quick work of the battle, causing the three men to fall down the cliff. I sighed in relief, and John looked at me.