Claude Frollo

I'm making Claude Frollo significantly younger in this, maybe in, like, his early thirties
How you meet:
It had only been a few days since the tragedy at Notre Dame, and Gypsies were finally able to enter the beautiful cathedral. It has always been a dream of mine to see the inside, one that I thought would go unrealized, but as I stood in the center of the nave by myself, a sense of elation enveloped me.

I looked around me, and finding I was completely alone, I took a deep breath and started to sing my favorite lullaby.

"Many nights we prayed, With no proof, anyone could hear. In our hearts a hopeful song We barely understood. Now, we are not afraid, Although we know there's much to fear. We were moving mountains Long before we knew we could, whoa, yes
There can be miracles, When you believe. Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill. Who knows what miracles you can achieve?When you believe, somehow you will. You will when you believe. Oh-oh-oh, Mmm, yeah. In this time of fear, When prayer so often proves in vain, Hope seems like the summer bird, Too swiftly flown away. Yet now I'm standing here, My hearts so full, I can't explain. Seeking faith and speakin' words I never thought I'd say. There can be miracles, When you believe. Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill. Who knows what miracles you can achieve?  When you believe, somehow you will.
You will when you believe.  They don't always happen when you ask, And it's easy to give in to your fears. But when you're blinded by your pain, Can't see the way, get through the rain. A small but still, resilient voice Says, help is very near, oh. There can be miracles When you believe. Though hope is frail,
It's hard to kill. Who knows what miracles You can achieve. When you believe somehow you will. Now, you will. You will when you Believe. You will when you Believe. Just believe. Just believe. You will when you Believe."

As I hit the last note, I heard a voice behind me say, "You have a wonderful voice..." startled, I looked behind me to see a man sitting in a pew just behind me. He was covered in dried blood, and one of his arms was bent at an unnatural angle. His eyes seemed unfocused, and his breathing was shallow and erratic.

I felt my heart skip a beat as I rushed to his side. "Sir, are you ok?" He moaned, responding, "No, I don't think so..." I grabbed his hand. "Can you tell me your name?" He stayed silent for a moment, before nodding. "My name is Claude, Claude Frollo." My heart skipped a few more beats as I recognized this as the man who tried to burn all us Gypsies at the stake not too long ago, but I knew I couldn't just leave him there.

"Can you move sir?" He nodded his head and started to get up. He stumbled as he took a step, but I managed to catch him and get one of his arms around my shoulder. "Come on, my momma can get you healed up."

Getting to know each other:
It had been a few days since I had brought Claude to my caravan. My momma was horrified at the state he was in but was also reluctant to take him in. It took some convincing, but momma eventually agreed and put him in an extra bed we had and started to patch him up. He had passed out soon after that and had been asleep for about a week.

When he woke up, I was in the middle of checking his arm, which was definitely, horribly broken, and changing the bandages on his various cuts. I was tending to the large cut on his forehead, grateful that the crack in his skull wasn't fatal when he started to stir. I continued to apply the appropriate herbs, I touched his shoulder to hold him still. "Be calm, let me finish my work."

His eyes were squinted, and I realized the bright light from the sun coming through the skylight in the vardo. He reached for my arm that was on his shoulder. "Are you an angel?" I stopped for a moment, before letting out a slight laugh. "No, what makes you think that." His gaze shifted to the ceiling, and he started to rub small circles into the back of my hand. "I heard you singing in the nave. I thought for sure you must have been an angel coming to greet me in my final moments."