Getting to know eachother

Shan Yu:
It had been a few weeks since Shan Yu had woken up, and he could now walk around with a crutch. You knew of the evil things Shan Yu had done to China, but you felt that he could change. You didn't know if you entirely believed it, but you were willing to take a chance on him.

Over the weeks, you had been able to wither away his tough and cold exterior, and what you found was amazing. When he was comfortable and not playing the role of leader in a fighting army, he was very calm, helpful, and protective. He taught you how to properly handle Hayabusa, and promised that once he was better, he would get you one of your own.

As of right now, the two of you were sitting on your porch, eating baozi and watching the sunset. Hayabusa was flying around, catching field mice and screeching now and then. Shan Yu seemed especially quiet tonight, causing you to worry a bit.

"Is everything alright, Shan Yu?" He looked at you with melancholic eyes, swimming with a thousand questions. "Why do you keep me around? You must know of the awful things I've done, so why do you keep me around?" Your mouth twitched into a smile, and you grabbed his hand, thinking about your answer.

"You have not given me a reason to kick you out, and you have been rather helpful to me. Besides, even an isolated mountain lady needs company from time to time." Shan Yu appeared to be shocked but nodded. "So you wouldn't mind if I continued to stay after I've gotten well?" You giggled a little. "Of course not, I could use a little extra muscle around here." Shan Yu squeezed your hand and nodded, then went to catch Hayabusa.

Gaston:
You were correct. It had been a long time. Gaston was constantly flirting, trying to show off, and complaining about his injuries, and it had only been a week. You were ready to strangle him!

Nevertheless, you continued to care for him, no matter how much you wanted to punch out his perfect teeth. But now, it was late at night, and you were polishing your gun while Gaston was asleep. It was peaceful, a rarity nowadays, with only crickets chirping and the occasional owl hoot. But it was broken when Gaston started talking in his sleep.

You ignored him at first, as it was just a few quiet 'no' s and 'stop' s, but it quickly escalated into yelling for his 'father' to leave someone alone. You tried to wake him up, shaking him and calling his name. After a moment, he bolted awake and groaned in pain. He was covered in sweat, and his breathing was erratic. Then, for the first time in probably years, big, tough Gaston started to cry.

You were taken aback at first, but maternal instincts took over and you gently grabbed his hand. He flinched away at first, causing you to worry even more. Gaston looked at you with a knitted brow, tears still coming in a torrent, and he reached to touch your face. You guided his hand, and let the silence stay for a moment.

"Do you want to talk about it?" You were hesitant to ask the question, but knew it needed to be asked. Gaston drew his hand back and sighed. "I guess it's finally time to get this off my chest. You should feel lucky, I haven't ever told anyone this before." I nodded my head, and he sighed again.

"When I was a little boy, my father..." He stopped, wiping away more tears. "My father wasn't the best man. He was an alcoholic, and when he got drunk, he hurt my mom and little sister. Eventually, it got to the point where he killed them, knocked me out, and skipped town. Since then, I knew I had to be the manliest man and protect everyone I could, but I guess I lost myself along the way." He was holding your hand again now, and you smiled.

"Well, I can help you find yourself again."

Hades:
You and Hades had been walking for a while now, and it was pretty much silent between the two of you. He was still carrying you, and you were getting bored. You didn't want to offend the god but decided to say something.

"Could you put me down, please? I would like to walk for a bit." Hades looked down at you, then made the path wider and gently set you down. "Thank you." He nodded in acknowledgment, and it was quiet yet again, but it wasn't every day you got to walk side by side with a god, so you decided to ask some questions.

"How did you fall in the River Styx?" Hades side-eyed you responding, "How did you?" You looked at the ground sadly. "I was betrayed by people I trusted. They pushed me in and left me to die." You heard Hades hum in curiosity.

"I was betrayed as well, though I wouldn't go as far as to say I trusted those fools." You nodded, still not wanting to offend him. "Would you mind if asked some more questions to pass the time?" Hades sighed. "Sure Buttercup, as long as I can do the same." You smiled, nodding, excited to get to know the god.

"What's your favorite food?" Hades hummed before responding, "I don't eat often, but I do like pomegranates. What about you." You thought for a moment. "It's hard to decide, but I'd have to go with (y/f/f). It's really good, maybe I could make it for you sometime."

"Trying to get into my good graces, are we." Hades laughed, and you continued to ask each other questions until you heard a loud crack.

Dr. Facilier
It didn't take long to get back to the mortal realm, but it took even less time for Facilier to try and start trouble. He approached a young lady and tried to touch her shoulder. Of course, it passed right through her, but she shivered, causing Facilier's smile to grow wider.

You sighed and grabbed the collar of his coat, dragging him along. "Come on doll face, I was just trying to have a little fun!" Facilier's protest reached deaf ears as you continued to drag him along. "We have to get the other souls as soon as possible unless you want my boss to get angry and disintegrate ask souls I am in charge of. That includes you." Facilier sighed, and let you drag him.

After a bit of silence, Facilier decided to ask a question. "So, how did you become a reaper?" You glared at him, and he laughed awkwardly, but you decided to humor him. "I became a reaper after I shot myself in the head." You moved your hair to show your temple, which was decorated with a hole and red gems representing blood. Facilier gulped and nodded.

It was your turn to ask a question, and it was one you tried to ask all the souls you collected. "How did you get into voodoo?" Facilier freed himself from your hand and responded. "My mother. She used ancient traditions for medicine, and she had a book to go with it. But one day, a man came after her and wrongfully killed her. I looked in her book to see if I could get revenge for her, and found voodoo dolls. I was lucky enough to find some of his hair botched in my mother's hands, and I knew she wanted me to take revenge for her. After that, I killed him with the doll, and it gave me such a feeling of power that I continued to get into voodoo. And you can see where that got me."

You smiled. "Don't worry, you'll have plenty of chances to redeem yourself."

Scar:
It has been a couple of days since Scar had started staying with you, and by now, he has started building a hut and had taken over the hunting. You took care of the garden and preparing the meals. Scar was still pretty injured, and couldn't hunt larger things, but he was able to get enough for the two of you.

But it was slightly new to you, and you were starting to get uneasy about his intentions for you. So you decided to ask some questions as you sat down for dinner with him. As he patted your head to signal he was there, you gathered your courage to ask him. "Hey Scar?" You heard a muffled hum and continued. "Why are you sticking around? I mean, I get the first couple of weeks. You were injured and probably felt like you needed to repay me for letting you stay and helping you heal, but you're almost fully healed now and have already repaid me more than I would have expected, and I know I'm just a burden, so why-!" You were interrupted when Scar placed a finger on your lips to silence you.

"I stick around because I want to, nothing more and nothing less." You nodded, not knowing how much longer he would stay before he got annoyed with our bored of you but grateful for his company nonetheless. The night continued with a game of questions and answers, and you felt you were going to know Scar quite well.