Waylon's Death

(A few days ago at Shack Community on the River) Third Persons POV

Jerry was sleeping under a trailer while Waylon worked on his boat. Now Jerry is a senior Belgian Shepherd, who Waylon adopted the same time Charlie got Jewel. Jerry is a rited police dog and is ten years old. Pretty much deaf.

Anyway as Waylon was working he hears something. He looks up and notice Jerry gone. Strange he was there not long ago. "Jerry!" Waylon calls. James and Victoria run around. Waylon takes off his head phones and whistles. "Come on, Jerry, you old mutt" he says. Jerry doesn't wake.

James and Victoria appear in front of him. They toy with him until Laurent appears. "James, lets not play with our food" he states. Victoria gets the first bite, followed by Laurent and James. Once they were done and Waylon was dead. James stole his jacket and they let the boat float down the river.

(Few days later) Jewel's POV

Charlie was worried about Waylon. He didn't show up to work yesterday and isn't answering his phone. So we went to his last known location the shack community on the river with a few deputies. We find his boat missing.

"Jewel seek" Charlie tells me and I start to sniff around. I smell Jerry close by and search for him. I find him hiding under a trailer whimpering. I whine laying down. "She found Jerry" he tells the deputies. Jerry comes out and I lick his muzzle in comfort.

"Waylon would never leave Jerry alone" a deputy states as Charlie clips a lead to Jerry's chain.

"Agreed, Jewel find Waylon" Charlie tells me. I bark and start to sniff for Waylon. His scent leads me down river. We soon find his boat with him inside. I smell the same thing that attacked the guard in Mason County and snarl.

"Oh man" a deputy says.

"Poor Waylon" another says.

"Lets get him and Jerry home" Charlie says sadly. "Call Dr Cullen, we'll have him examine the body" he tells a deputy.

"What about Jerry?" a deputy asks as I lay my head over Jerry's neck in comfort. I don't know what I'd do if I lost Charlie or Bella.

"He'll come home with me" Charlie states. They section off the area and the dock for further investigation. Before we go home. Jerry and I lay under Charlie's desk while he waited for Dr Cullen's report. While he goes over evidence and photos of the crime scene that had been delivered.

Jerry whines. 'It will be ok, Charlie will take care of you' I assure him. I lick his forehead. He was like a father to me when I first got here.

'I miss him' he whimpers.

'Do not worry, we will make the whoever or whatever did this pay' I assure him. He gives me a tired smile and falls asleep. I rest my head over his back. Charlie looks down at us and I whine at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Don't worry girl, he won't go anywhere" he assures me. "We'll take him home with us" he states. I give a small yip of approval as Dr Cullen appears.

"It was the same animal from Mason County" he tells Charlie.

"It's getting closer to town" Charlie mutters concerned. "Thanks Dr Cullen" he says shaking his hand. Before Dr Cullen left. Not long after Bella appears.

"Dad, I'm sorry about Waylon" Bella says.

"Known him going on thirty years" Charlie says torn up. Bella isn't quite sure what to do. And so puts a comforting hand on his shoulder. Charlie squeezes it.

"Who's this with Jewel?" Bella asks noting Jerry.

"Jerry, he was Waylon's. He adopted him when he retired two years ago when I got Jewel" Charlie tells her. "He's ten and will be coming home with us" he states. Bella nods her head. "We'll get to the bottom of this, Bella. But in the meantime" he says handing Bella a can of pepper spray.

"That's probably not a good..." Bella starts to protest.

"It'll give me some peace of mind" Charlie tells her. She accepts it putting it in her purse. Charlie grabbed his coat. "Lets go home" he states. I get up and Jerry wakes up. "Come Jerry, Jewel" he says. We go home.

Jerry and I are allowed on Charlie's bed. The three of us fall asleep. Comforting each other. Me comforting them more. While Bella went on her computer.

A/N

Picture above of Waylon's boat and gif on the external link of Charlie talking to Bella. Picture in chapter of Jewel with Jerry.