Fish Fry

Jewel's POV

Today is we finished work early after finding a human foot print near the crime scene. Jerry is now living with us and is inside. Charlie went to the store for beer. While I'm outside with Bella while she polishes her truck. I'm laying on the hood relaxing. When Edward appears jumping on the car startling me. I let out a small growl.

"Can you ate least act human?" Bella asks him. "I mean, I have neigbours and you startled Jewel" she states.

"I'm gonna take you to my place tomorrow" he tells her. He then fixes the dent in her truck with his bare hand. My eyes widen in shock as I hop off of the truck and go sit beside Bella.

"Thanks... Er, wait, like with your family?" Bella asks him.

"Yeah" he says.

"But... what if they don't like me?" she asks him nervous.

"So you're worried, not because you'll be in a house full of vampires, but because you think they won't approve of you?" Edward asks her with a hearty laugh.

"I'm glad I amuse you" Bella says with a frown. I nudge her hand and she pats my head. Edward's laughter dies, as he hears something and I hear it too. I yip happily wagging my tail. It's Billy and Jacob. "What is it?" she asks Edward.

"A complication" he mutters. "I'll pick you up tomorrow" he tells her before leaving in his car. As Billy and Jake pull up. Jacob sets up Billy's wheelchair and Billy climbs into it as Charlie's cruiser pulls up.

"Come to visit your truck?" Bella asks the pair.

"Looks good. You got that dent out" Jacob says with a smile. As he gives me a pat.

"Actually, we came to visit your flat screen. First Mariners game of the season. Plus Jacob here kept bugging me to see you again" Billy states. I smell something nice and sniff the bag Billy has.

"Great, Dad. Thanks" Jacob mutters. I try to grab the bag.

"Oh no Jewel, not for you" Billy tells me holding it up at Charlie appears.

"Jewel, heel" he says and I go sit beside him. Hanging my head. "Pale ale" he says holding up two six packs.

"Harry Clearwater's homemade fish fry" Billy states holding the bag.

"No wonder Jewel wanted it, you know she loves his fish fry" Charlie chuckles.

"Hence why we brought another bag" Jacob states grabbing it from the car. I yip happily wagging my tail. Charlie hands the beers to Billy and starts to wheel him towards the house. I follow them.

"Any luck with the Waylon case?" Billy asks Charlie and I whine.

"Found a footprint out at the crime scene today with Jewel's help. A bare, human footprint" Charlie states. Billy seems disturbed but not surprised. Bella is horrified.

"A person did that?" she asks.

"A crazy person, walking around barefoot this time of year" Jacob states.

"Spread the word out at the rez, will ya? Keep the kids out of the woods" Charlie tells Billy. As they reach the porch.

"Will do, don't want anyone hurt" Billy states looking at Bella. We all go inside and Charlie turns the game on. I lay beside Jerry.

"How's Jerry doing?" Jacob asks.

"He's finally started eating, Jewel is helping him a lot" Charlie states. "He'll be living with us for now on" he adds. I wag my tail happily and lick Jerry's cheek. He wakes.

'What is going on?' he asks with a yawn.

'Billy and Jacob are over. They brought Harry's fish fry for us' I yip happily. He smiles gently at me. As we are each given a bowl of fish fry. We eat it happily ignoring the humans. When we finished we went outside to relieve ourselves. Before having a drink of water. Before falling asleep on our beds in the living room.

Third Persons POV

"They get along well" Bella states.

"Jerry was like a dad to Jewel when she first got her. Taught her manners" Charlie tells her.

"Also how to swim" Jacob adds.

"Inseparable when together" Billy says with a small smile. "I think Jerry will enjoy the rest of his life here" he states.

"That's the plan" Charlie states and takes a sip of his drink.

"You say that like he'll be passing away soon" Bella says confused.

"He is ten Bells" Charlie reminds her. "He has a heart murmur and has had it for the last two years. Who knows how long we'll have with him" he states sadly. "Could be a few months, could be a few years. We just have to treasure them while we can" he states. Bella nods her head in agreement. They all go back to watching the game while the dogs slept.

A/N

Picture above of Edward with Bella and picture on the external link of Jacob wheeling Billy.