He's Gone

Third Persons POV

"We'll find her Charlie" Billy assures him as the others arrive.

"Jewel can find her" Jacob adds.

"I know she can, but it was to dangerous to go with just her with the bears. Which is why I am preparing a search party" Charlie tells them. As he pats Jerry.

"We're is Jewel?" Billy asks.

"In my room, she kept trying to get out to go find Bella" Charlie states. Jacob goes to check on Jewel. But arrives to see the window opened and rushes down. Telling the other two. "God damn it" Charlie curses. How is he suppose to find his daughter without Jewel?

Jewel's POV

I know it was wrong to leave without Charlie. But is was getting dark and Bella could freeze. I had to find her. I paced Charlie's room until I noticed the window open a crack. I had stuck my nose in the gap and pushed it open. I jumped on the veranda before dropping to the ground. I took off into the woods following Bella's scent.

It took me nearly thirty minutes to find her. When I do, she's curled up in a fetal position. I whine and sniff her. I don't discover any wounds and nudge her awake.

"Jewel" she says weakly and I whine snuggling into her. "He's gone" she whimpers clinging to me. I feel her tears on my fur. I know we should be heading back, but she's sad and needs comfort. So I let her cry.

Until I smell the scent of a large predator nearby. I growl raising my hackles as I survey the area. "Jewel" Bella says confused. I ignore her looking around as a low rumble is heard. "Jewel" Bella says scared. I look around and spot a fallen log. I grab Bella's sleeve and lead her over to it. Then stand in front of her making myself look at big as possible.

I see a large dark shadow the size of a bear pass the trees. I snarl loudly as it draws near. Suddenly a howl is sounded. I tilt my head in confusion as the the shadow leaves. I stay close to Bella surveying the area. I notice she has fallen unconscious again.

I hear a twig snap and turn to see a shirtless guy in shorts appear. He smells like the wild animal and I snarl bearing my teeth. "Easy girl, I'm here to help" he tells me calmly inching closer. I snap at him and bark. Before growling lowly.

"Sam you're scaring her" a familiar voice says. Another person appears. Also shirtless and smelling like a huge predator. "Jewel, it's Embry. I'm Jake's friend" he tells me. I tilt my head.

"Are you sure she understands?" Sam asks him and I growl. I'm not stupid.

"She's very smart" Embry tells him and I wag my tail once in approval. "Jewel, we're here to help Bella" he tells me. I whine and look at her. I nudge her, but she doesn't wake. Embry kneels beside me and pats my head. "It's ok girl, you did good" he assures me. Sam approaches and I eye him warily. "Easy, he's just going to carry her" Embry tells me while patting me. Sam picks up Bella holding her close.

"Lets get them home to Charlie, will you carry Jewel?" Sam asks Embry.

"She won't need carrying Alpha, besides she can lead the way. I'll go let the other two know that we found Bella and Jewel" Embry tells him. Sam nods his head and Embry left. I tug on Sam's shorts leg.

"What?" he asks me confused. I yip and run  in the direction of home. I stop and look back at him barking again. "I'm coming" he tells me. Holding Bella tight. We take off towards him at a light run. Sam being careful no to jostle Bella to much.

As we near home. I hear familiar voices. I bark as I break the tree line. "Charlie, it's Jewel" Jacob shouts. Sam appears behind me with Bella.

"And Sam Uley, they found Bella" Billy adds. Charlie rushes over to Sam to retrieve Bella from him. As Jerry rushes over to me.

"Thank you, Sam. Thank God" Charlie says taking Bella into his arms. He heads inside with Jerry and I following him. He takes Bella to her room and lays her on the bed. "What were you thinking, Baby? Why were you out there?" he asks her as he wraps her up in blankets.

"He's gone" she mutters curling up into a ball.

"Oh Bells" he says stroking her hair. I whine. Charlie looks at me and I lower my head in shame. "You were very naughty going after Bella alone" he tells me firmly. I whine laying down. "But thank you from finding her and helping Sam bring her home" he adds and I wag my tail. He pats my head.

"Stay with her you two, I'm gonna go send everyone home" he tells us. He left the room. Jerry and I hop onto Bella's bed. We lay either side of her. Soon Charlie returned and checked on us. "Good dogs, guard Bella and good night" he tells us. We give a low bark on confirmation and he left us.

Jerry falls asleep first and I look at the window. Expecting Edward, but he didn't come. I tilt my head in contemplation. Was Edward the "he" Bella was talking about being gone? But why would he leave so suddenly? Was it because of her injured arm? Guess I'll never know. I lay my head on my front paws and let sleep take me.

A/N

Picture above of how Jewel found Bella and picture on the external link of Sam carrying Bella.