Intruder

Jewel's POV

I can't believe my pups are now eleven weeks old and in two weeks they'll be leaving me. Bella returned a couple days after the beach trip. The pups were very excited to see her. So was I. Though wasn't so thrilled the following day when she came home smelling of a wolf. I didn't let the pups near her until she had a shower.

Anyway last night Edward was in Bella's room again. My pups were confused by this and woke me. Wanting to wake Charlie. I assured them it was fine and that Edward often snuck into Bella's room at night. But apparently he smelt of blood.

So I had them stay with Charlie and went to investigate myself. I smelt deer blood. "What's she doing?" Bella asks Ewdard as I sniff him.

"Smelling the deer blood, guess I didn't wipe the whole scent off" he tells her sheepishly. "The pups were worried" he adds.

"Oh" Bella says. "They won't wake Charlie right?" she asks him.

"Not unless Jewel raises the alarm first" he states. "They are still learning" he adds. I nod and lick Bella's hand. Satisfied that she's alright, I left the room. Returning to Charlie's. I notice most of the pups asleep. Except Jax.

'Everything ok mum?' he asks.

'Yes, I think Edward had been hunting. There is no threat to our family' I assure him. As I lat down. 'Now sleep' I tell him. He nods and snuggles into me falling asleep. I look at him and the other three sadly. Wishing they could stay forever. But I know Charlie won't keep them all. Our house it two small for five full grown German Shepherds. I sigh and rest my head on my paws letting sleep take me.

(Time skip)

It had been a long day at work. Sure Charlie was doing paper work. But I was in charge of watching my pups and even showed them some of the training exercises I do with Charlie. The boys were intrigued and wanted to try. But they had to master patience first and listen to their future handler alone. Not allow anything to distract them from their task.

Bella had gone to the reserve again. Charlie was sleeping on the couch with Jett. While I lay on the floor with Jack. Jenna had gone upstairs to look for her ball with Jax. Jett had hid it again. I stiffen then I hear footsteps upstairs that do not belong to my pups or Charlie.

I flatten my ears with a silent snarl as I get to my feet. There is an intruder. 'Mum?' Jack says tiredly.

'Stay' I tell him and stalk towards the stairs. I hear Jenna yelp and growl taking off up the stairs. I see a boy holding my pup as Jax growls at him. 'Let my daughter go!' I bark and he smirks. Just then we hear Bella's truck arrive. 'Alert Charlie' I tell Jax and he runs for the stairs.

I bear my fangs at the intruder. As Jenna whimpers in fear. 'Put her down' I snarl and he chuckles. Then stiffens dropping Jenna and he disappears. I rush forward and catch Jenna. I lay her down gently licking her forward.

'Mummy' she cries snuggling into me.

'You are safe now' I assure her. I hear someone and turn around snarling standing over Jenna. Only to see it Edward and Bella. Who is holding Jax.

"What's going on?" Bella asks Edward confused. He goes to her room. I follow and smell the intruders scent all over it. I growl and search the room. Jenna staying close to me. "What's she doing?" she asks.

"Someone was in here" he tells her. "An intruder" he states. "She faced him, lucky to be alive" he adds. "I have to call Carlisle, let him know what happened" he adds taking out his phone.

Soon Jasper and Emmet arrived. They took a big whiff of Bella's room and left. Bella then left with Edward. I gathered all the pups in the living room with Charlie. Where I watched them all night.

Until Bella and Edward appeared with Jacob the following morning. Charlie had left for word with the pups. I remained to protect the house. I silently snarl at Edward for letting a  wolf into my house after we just had an intruder last night.

I then followed them out the door. "Whoever it was, he left his stink behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here" Jake tells Edward.

"We don't need you to handle anything or anyone" Edward sneers.

"I couldn't care less what you need" Jake tells him.

"Ok, then we can all work together" Bella states. As I sense the tension rising between the men. I get in front of Bella. "Come on, we all got the same goals here. Catch the bad vampires" she states.

"Like there's a difference" Jacob states looking at Edward.

"All right, we're done here" Edward states.

"No, you're done here!" Jake tells him. Bella gets past me and gets in between the two.

"Stop! I'm tired of this. From now on, I'm Switzerland, OK?" she asks them. "I know you guys don't like each other. But we've got bigger problems" she tells them. "This is just a temporary solution" she assures them. "If you are welling to try?" she asks. The men agree reluctantly, silently nodding their heads.

I bark in agreement also. Not liking wolves being here, but if they'll protect my family. So be it. They all give me a small smile. I then take off for the station. I arrive and take a drink. "Where've you been girl?" Charlie asks me. I just lookup at him. "Come on, we have work to do" he tells me. I nod and he put on my vest. We left the station, leaving my pups there for safety while we worked on another missing persons case.