Bella's Return

Jewel's POV

It's  been eight weeks since Bella left. Two days after she left. Charlie got a call from the hospital in Phoenix. Bella was really hurt. He dropped Jerry and I at the Black house. Though I tried to go with him. A few days later though later though. The day after Bella woke up she asked to see Jerry and I.

So Charlie came to collect us. He drove us to the airport and we caught a three hour flight to Phoenix. Before driving to the hospital. I hadn't been on a plane before. But Jerry had and we slept through most of it.

When we reached the hospital. I practically dragged Charlie to Bella's room. Before jumping onto her bed resting my head on her lap whining. She apologized for hurting me and assured me that she was fine.

While we were in Phoenix we stayed at Renee's house with her and Phil. Renee was really nice, I loved brush time with her. Though Phil can hit a ball far and let us chase it. When Bella was well enough to leave hospital and to travel. She comes home with Charlie, Jerry and I.

That was six weeks ago. She still has her leg in a cast. But should be getting it off this week. Anyway tonight she is going to prom with Edward. I'm so confused by their relationship. First he was sneaking into her room at night without her knowledge, then they were suddenly dating. Then that fight eight weeks ago. But since the accident he hasn't left her side. Now they're going to prom. Which is a dance high school students go to.

Charlie, Edward, and Jerry are waiting downstairs as Bella gets ready. I lay on her bed as she sips up her dress. "What do you think girl?" Bella asks me. I tilt my head. "It's missing something isn't?" she asks me.

I hop off her bed and headed to her wardrobe. I sniff around and find a white jacket. I grab it and hand it to here. "It's perfect, thanks girl" she says giving me a pat and I wag my tail. "Lets not keep the boys waiting" she tells me before we leave her room.

We head down the stairs. Me leading the way. The guys appear. "Alice lent me the dress and Jewel picked out the jacket. The dress was the only thing that would fit over my cast. Is it too..." she starts to ask.

"You're perfect" Edward tells her. "I'll take good care of her, Chief" he assures Charlie. And he failed to keep her safe I think. Edward looks at me briefly as Charlie said he'd heard that before. Edward left to go start the car.

"I put new pepper spray in your bag" Charlie tells Bella.

"Dad" she says embarrassed.

"And you look beautiful" he tells her. I yip in agreement wagging my tail. They share a smile before Bella leaves.

(Edward's car) Third Persons POV

"So have you been able to read her mind?" Bella asks.

"Not really, Jasper can read her motions" Edward tells her. "She's very wary of me and doesn't trust me. Especially after your accident. Jerry is indifferent" he states. "She's very smart though and I think I heard something earlier. But I'm not sure" he adds.

"Guess we might never know" Bella says as they pull up to a lovely inn. The location of the prom. He helps Bella out of the car, and begins to guide her through the dining room. Mr. Molina and other teachers are there. "I can't believe you're making me do this" she mutters and Edward just smiles at her.

(Time skip) Jewel's POV

Jerry had gone to bed. But Charlie and I wait up for Bella. She soon returns and Edward left. Charlie wished us good night and we go to her room. I've slept in her room every night since we returned to Forks. Edward often sneaks it, but I don't let him anywhere near her when I'm awake.

Bella go changed carefully and went to do her teeth. Edward appears and sits on Bella's desk. I silently snarl. "Still doesn't like you" Bella states as she reappears.

"Could be because of the nomads" he states.

"Why?" she asks confused.

"They were the cause of the animal attacks remember" he tells her. "She tracked their scent and tracks. We may smell slightly different to the others of our kind because of our diet. But we still have a similar scent" he states.

"Oh, that'd explain a lot" Bella tells him as she joins me on the bed. "Guess she just has to learn to trust you" she states as she pats me. "I actually had fun tonight, thanks for making me go to prom" she tells him.

"You're welcome, good night Bella" he tells her. She smiles wishing him a good night. Before laying down and going to sleep. I watch him. "I won't ever hurt her again girl, or let someone else hurt her. I promise" he tells me. I just huff shaking my head not believing him. I rest my head over Bella and go to sleep.

End of Twilight, see all you lovely readers in Twilight: New Moon in the next chapter.

A/N

Picture above of the Black family house and picture on the external link of Bella ready for prom.