Meeting Bella

Jewel's POV

I was chilling on my fluffy bed. My owner Charlie and I had the day off. Which was strange as we usually work everyday, unless we go fishing or hunting on a weekend. But it's the middle of the week. He's smelt nervous recently and has been setting up the spare bedroom. He said his daughter Bella was coming to stay with us for awhile. I've never meet her, but he spoke of her often. It'll be my second birthday next month. I'm very excited as Charlie promised to take me to La Push. Which meant the beach.

Anyway I was dozing off when I hear Charlie whistle. I groan, not wanting to get up. He whistles again and I get up heading for the font door. Where he is waiting with my lead. "About time lazy bones" he tells me and I huff as he clips my lead to my collar.

We left the house and he locked the front door. He lets me hop into the back of the police cruiser and clips me in. I lay down as he gets into the drivers seat. He starts the car and we leave Forks. I fall asleep.

I wake when the car comes to a stop and frown at the sound of large engines outside. I sit up looking out the window to see giant metal vehicles. "Stay here girl" Charlie tells me. He opens my window slightly and left me in the car.

I watch one of the giant metal vehicles come in for a landing. I paw the seat nervously. I've never seen or heard of these things before. What are they? I whine lowly and look around for Charlie. Wishing he was here to reassure me that everything was ok.

When I finally spot him. I yip happily and paw at the glass. "Enough Jewel" he says.

"When did you get a dog?" a young girl asks. I take a deep breath and she smells similar to him. She must be his daughter Bella, he told me about.

"I got her nearly a year after you stopped visiting, she'll be turning two soon" Charlie tells her. He opens my door and lets me out holding my lead. "Heel" he says and I sit to his left. "Good girl" he praises me and I wag my tail. "Bells offer her your hand" he tells her. She does so and I sniff it. Before nuzzling it and she gets the message. Scratching me between the ears, making me wag my tail faster.

"She's very pretty" Bella states and I yip happily at the praise. We all get in the car. I lay my head in between the two front seats. Whining slightly and nudge Bella's hand. She gives me a pat.

"Something tells me you two are going to get along just fine?" Charlie says with a smile. "You're hair is longer" he adds.

"I cut it since last time I saw you" Bella says sheepishly stroking her hair with her free hand.

"Guess it grew out again" he mumbles. "How's your mum?" he asks her.

"She's good" she answers and we continue the journey in silence. We arrived home and I went to relieve myself. While they took Bella's things inside. I sniff around the yard. Nothing seemed out of place. I soon hear a familiar truck arrive and yip happily. Racing to the front yard.

"Jewel!" Jacob cheers holding his arms out. I jump into them snuggling into his warm chest. He chuckles as he puts me down giving my neck a rub.

"What about me girl?" Billy asks. I yip racing over and sit beside his wheelchair. It used to freak me out when I was a pup. But now I'm used to it. He gives me a pat behind the ears as Charlie appears. He greets them both. Soon Bella joins us.

"Bella, you remember Billy Black" Charlie says and she nods her head.

"Glad you're finally here. Charlie hasn't shut up about it since you told him you were coming" Billy tells her. I nod my head in agreement.

"Keep exaggerating, I'll wheel you down the hill" Charlie tells him playfully.

"Right after I ram you in the ankles" Billy says. Billy takes several rolls at Charlie, who dodges. Jacob shakes his head at their silliness as he shyly approaches Bella. I follow and sit beside Bella.

"I'm Jacob. We made mud pies together when we were little kids" he tells her.

"I think I remember" she tells him. "Are they always like this?" she asks gesturing to Charlie and Bill. Who are still goofing around. I nod my head.

"It's getting worse with old age" Jacob tells her. Charlie and Billy rejoin us. Charlie pats the rusty red truck beside us. Asking Bella what she thought of it?

"No way. The truck is for me?" she asks him surprised.

"Just bought it off Billy, here" Charlie tells her.

"I totally rebuilt the engine" Jake brags.

"No freaking way, this is perfect" Bella states getting into the drivers seat. Jake gets into the passenger seat. I stay with Charlie and Billy. My stomach grumbles and I whine giving Charlie my puppy dog eyes.

"I'll feed you before I take Billy and Jake home girl" he assures me. He did so and took them back to the reservation. Leaving me with Bella. I go to her room to see her sitting on her bed.

"Hey girl" she says and she pats her bed. I'm not allowed on Charlie's bed without permission. But she did pat it. I trot over and jump up laying beside her. "Thanks for taking care of Charlie" she tells me. I rest my head in her lap. "Guess you can't really understand me" she mutters. She'd be surprised. We stay like this until Charlie got home. He heated them up dinner while I laid on my bed like a good girl.

It was then bed time. Bella went to her room. While I went to Charlie's with him. I lay on my other bed and close my eyes. "Good night Jewel" he says before falling asleep. I look at the door, then at him. Maybe Bella would let me sleep on her bed.

I get up and left the room silently. I go to Bella's to see her door a jar. I enter her room and go sit beside her bed. I paw at the quilt. Waking her. "Jewel" she says confused with a small yawn. "What's up girl?" she asks. I whine pawing at the bed. "You want to sleep here?" she asks. I give a small yip. "Ok, hop up" she tells me patting the bed.

I do so and curl up beside her. "Good night girl" she says giving me a small pat. Before we both drifted off to sleep. I could get used to this.

A/N

Picture above of Jewel and on the external link of Bella wit Charlie.