First Beach

Jewel's POV

I bark and yip at the door impatiently. Today I am going to the beach with Bella and her class mates. I haven't gone since my birthday and I really want to go swim. "Enough Jewel, calm down" Charlie tells me and I whine as I sit at the door. "Now here's her ball, remember you have to give her a bath when you get back Bells" he tells Bella.

"I know dad" she says as she pockets my ball. "We'll be back in time for dinner" she assures him. Just then a van pulls up and a car horn sounds. I start to bark again jumping at the door. "That's our ride, see you dad" she says and opens the door. I rush over to the van.

"Jewel" Angela says with a smile and gives me a pat. Bella gets in and we're off. "It was so nice of your dad to let Jewel come along" she says.

"She loves the beach and Charlie didn't need her today. She's been waiting impatiently at the door since breakfast" Bella tells her. Her friends chuckle.

About twenty minutes later we arrive at the beach. Bella makes me wait with her while the others got into their wet suits. Even though I really wanted to go in the water. But Charlie told me to listen to Bella and I do so. Bella's not going into the water.

"I keep thinking Eric's going to ask me to prom, then he just... doesn't" Angela tells Bella.

"You could ask him" Bella suggests and Angela becomes flustered. "Take control. You're a strong independent woman" Bella tells her.

"I am?" Angela asks and Bella nods her head. Jacob appears with two of his friends. I yip happily and run over to him. He catches me as I jump into his arms. His friends give me a pat before he puts me down and we go over to Bella.

"Hey Bella" Jacob says with a smile.

"Guys, this is Jacob" Bella tells her friends. "Are you stalking me?" she asks him.

"You're on my rez, remember?" he reminds her. "You surfing?" he asks.

"Definitely not" she tells him. "Just going to play fetch with Jewel" she adds.

"Keep her company. Her date bailed" Jessica tells him.

"What date?" Eric ask.

"Se invited Edward" Jessica giggles.

"To be polite" Bella mutters embarrassed.

"I think it's nice she invited him. No one ever does" Angela says defending Bella.

"Because Cullen's a freak" Mike says.

"You got that right" one of Jacob's friends states.

"You know them?" Bella asks curious.

"The Cullens don't come here" he states.

"How about we take Jewel for a walk?" Jacob suggests to Bella. She nods her head handing him my ball. I yip happily.

"Tide pools?" she asks and he nods his head. We leave the others and head down the beach. Jacob throws my ball into the water and I run after it. I swim to it and grab it before swimming back to sure. I run over to Bella and Jacob. "So, what did your friend mean about the Cullens not coming here?" she asks Jacob.

"Caught that, huh?" he asks as he takes the ball. He throws it again and I run after it barking happily. This time it didn't go into the water. I run back to the others and stop in front of Bella.

"Give it to Jake" she tells me. I whine, but do so. "So the legend about the Cullens is?" she asks and he throws the ball into the water again. I chase it. Jumping over the waves. I swim back to shore and head over to them to see they had paused.

I get itchy and and shake my coat out. "Ah!" they shout in surprise.

"Jewel!" Bella says in a firm tone. I just give her a doggy smile and roll on the sand. With my ball in my mouth. She just shakes her head with a small smile. "So what was this treaty?" she asks Jacob as he holds his hand out for the ball. I drop it in his hand and spin around in a circle twice yipping in anticipation.

"If they promised to stay off Quileute lands, we wouldn't expose what they really were to the pale-faces" he says in a whisper. We hear a girl scream and I stand to alert ears perked. I look around. Angela runs past, chased by Eric waving a dead crustacean. Jacob smirks and throws my ball. Then starts back to the group.

I yip and race after it down the shore. I pick it up and trot back to Bella and Jacob. Starting to tire. "Tired girl?" Bella asks and I nod my head. "Guess it's time to go back and give you a bath" she states. I yip.

Jacob rinses me off, before giving me a towel dry. The others return and we get into the van. We go home. They drop Bella and I off. And Bella gives me a bath and towel dry. Before I curl up on my bed going to sleep. Wanting a nap before dinner.

A/N

Picture above of the beach and picture on the external link of Bella with Jacob.