Diner and Call

(Diner) Jewel's POV

It's Thrusday night and we're at the diner. Charlie and I had a long day of tracking. Whatever attacked Waylon was heading east. At least it's heading away from town. Jerry and I are laying under the table enjoying a bone each. Though Bella is a little late.

"Sorry I'm late. Biology project" Bella states as she sits beside Charlie. Cora sets a top sirloin steak in front of Charlie, and plate fish burger with a side of fries in front of Bella.

"Ordered you the fish burger and fries" he tells her.

"Order one for yourself next time. You should cut back on the steak" Bella tells him.

"I'm as healthy as a horse" he tells her.

"Say Chief, boys want to know. You find anything down by Queets River today?" Cora asks tentatively. I stop chewing on my bone with Jerry. I notice everyone waiting for an answer.

"The suspect's moving east. Kitsap County Sheriff is taking over from here. They're putting extra guys on" Charlie tells her.

"Hope they catch him fast" Cora states. Jerry and I give a low bark of agreement. She moves off, with a measure of relief. Charlie and Bella pass each other the salt, butter for bread, etc. While Jerry and I go back to our bones.

"Your friends are flagging you" Charlie tells Bella after awhile. I raise my head to see Mike and the guys horsing around outside, straws in their noses, making faces at Bella. I roll my eyes going back to my bone. "It's okay you wanna join them. I'm just gonna turn in early with the dogs anyway" Charlie tells her.

"Yeah, me too" she tells him.

"It's a Friday night. Go out. The Newton boy's got a big smile for you. Nice family, the Newtons" Charlie tells her.

"He's just a friend" Bella tells him.

"None of the boys in town interest you?" Charlie asks her.

"We're not really going to talk about boys, are we?" Bella asks him.

"Just... you should be around people. I leave you alone too much" Charlie states.

"I've never minded being alone. Guess I'm a lot like my dad that way" Bella tells him and he smiles gently. "Besides I have Jewel and now Jerry" she adds. I wag my tail.

"Berry cobbler, two forks" Cora states returning with their dessert. They ate it and Charlie pays for the food. Before we all go home. Jerry goes to bed with Charlie. While I decide to spend the night with Bella. As I haven't done so since Jerry joined our family.

She's in her pjs doing her homework as she speaks to her mother. "So spring training's going well?" she asks her mum over the phone. Renee answers as Bella listens. "Actually, Forks is kind of growing on me" Bella tells her and I wag my tail. Bella smiles at me and gives me a small pat with her hand that has the pencil. "Maybe" Bella says blushing slightly. As she heads over to her vanity.

Edward appears and I silently snarl at him. Going tense. Bella doesn't notice him. "Well... he is kind of a history buff" she tells her mum. She turns around and finally notices Edward. SHe nearly drops the phone as Edward smiles.

I growl lowly at him. "I, uh... have to go" Bella tells her mum. "I'll call you later, mum" she assures her before hanging up. "Jewel enough" she tells me and I whine.

"Don't worry Bella she does it all the time" Edward tells her.

"Al the time? How did you get in here?" Bella asks him.

"The window as always" he states.

"So you've been here before?" Bella asks him.

"What else is there to do at night?" he asks her. She pushes him. He grabs her hand and playfully pulls her onto the bed. I snarl and snap a him.

"Enough Jewel, he's not hurting me" Bella tells me and I flatten my ears glaring at Edward.

"It's fine Bella, she's just protecting her home and family. Like a good dog" Edward states. "I just... like watching over you as you sleep" he tells her. "Jewel never lets me near you, watches me like a hawk until she grows tired. Before falling asleep with her head across you" he states.

"It's ok girl, Edward won't ever hurt me and is allowed in" Bella assures me. I relax and yawn. "Why don't you go sleep with Charlie and Jerry?" she tells me. I stretch and hop off of her bed leaving the room. But not without giving Edward a silent snarl out of Edward's sight. He just smiles and I leave the room.

I go to Charlie's room and go lay on my bed. Beside Jerry's. I curl up resting my head on my front paws. Before letting sleep take me.

A/N

Pictures about of Bella and Charlie at the diner. Picture on the external link of Bella on the phone.