32 | Turning

[Third person pov]

[Third person pov]

"No you're not" Gyeongsu pulled her into a tight embrace denying the possibility. "You'll be okay? Maybe like Nam-ra or gwi-nam, yeah?" He tried to reassured both himself as well as Nyree. "No." She sniffled now faintly hearing his voice, trying to seperate herself from him. She'd be damned if she took a chance like Nam-ra and su-hyeok. And as much as it completely broke her heart, she would choose to die right now than potentially biting him. "Please let go su, please" she whispered desperately, "I know it's hard but you'll be fine."

"No, I won't. I-i just won't and you know that" He sorrowfully cried. The others stood in a state of shock while Mr.nam looked as if he failed by failing at saving everyone. "Su-hyeok. Cheong-san. Anyone?" Nyree called out, throat aching."Can you help me? Please" she begged as Gyeongsu shook his head within her collarbone. He just kept repeated that she would be fine and wouldn't turn.

"I love you. Remember that. Even if no one else does, my love for you is at an unprecedented place. I need you to live." She pulled his face infront of hers and told him directly. His face was filled with snot and wetness from his own tears. "Why are you saying all of this now? We have the rest of our lives" He smiled deceiving himself still refusing to let go.

"Maybe he's rig-" Su-hyeok tried to say before seeing the look on her face. Nyree's eyes were glazed with tears and she shook her head. "I don't think it's like theirs. Hurry up we might not have much time"

Everyone reluctantly tried to pry off Gyeongsu. "Nam-ra, I love you too. I know you're not good with mushy stuff so I'll leave it at that. Thank you for being my built in friend and a amazing cousin." She stopped and looked at her classmates. "I've come to love you guys too. Surely not as much as Gyeongsu or Nam-ra but I'll miss you guys" she laughed sadly.

Nyree gave Gyeongsu one last kiss. In this kiss, she poured all her love for him as well as sorrow that their relationship basically ended so soon. They finally pulled him off as he was screaming and crying in protest when Nyree made movements to go back into the unfinished building. "I'll lead them away, okay? When I start screaming run."

"I'll come with." Gwi-nam spoke."Okay, sure" she gave a sad smile. "I'll be back" He reassured Na-yeon and with that they walked back into the building.

Hyo-ryung began to cry. That set off an chain reaction and the others eyes pooled with tears as well. They lost their very own Nyree and it couldn't be replaced.

Inside the building Nyree was about to start screaming profanities but was interrupted by gwi-nam. "Should I try to bite you?" He asked unsure. 'What's the harm? I'm already going to turn into a hungry ass zombie' Nyree thought."Yolo right?" She said, holding her arm out. She cursed as she felt his teeth literally digging into her skin. "Shit! What the fuck" she grimaced. "Yeah that's want you get" He laughed, "That's for everything you said before."

"Fuck you!" She laughed, "I don't feel any different though. So if I turn kill me."

"I'll lead. Wait here to see if anything changes. Try not to kill your friends of you do turn" He joked before screaming 'hey assholes' and other antagonizing phases to get the zombies attracted to his voice.

Nyree ran into another uncompleted room and leaned on the wall. She heard her friends started to run out of the room before she fell to her knees due to an mind breaking headache. Her body started bending in ways she wouldn't know was possible if she hadn't seen coach practically break dancing on the floor. She gritted her teeth and tried to endure the pain, hoping that her friends were well out of the building right now.

She hoped alot of things. Like not turning but since that was off the list she could only hope for realistical things. Straining to keep her eyes open she thought 'is this the way my life is going to end?' Eventually she closed her eyes and stopped moving.

Maybe an hour passed when gwi-nam came from the top of the building looking to see if one of his newest friends became a zombie after handling the other construction worker ones. "Nyree?" He called out not seeing her until he checked all of the rooms on the floor he left her on. She was sprawled out on the floor looking as if she was asleep. He walked towards her in haste and confusion. 'Maybe she's dead' he thought. He poked her expected no reaction.

"Boo!" Nyree scared the crap out of big bad gwi-nam. "Fucking crazy bitch" He scowled, "How are you alive?"

Nyree shrugged before getting off the floor and dusted herself off. "I don't know. I'm kinda surprised too. I thought I was going to turn but then I just woke up in pain. Then I heard your footsteps, which by the way are loud. And decide to scare you!" Nyree explained happy that she could see Gyeongsu and everyone else again.

"You're a dumbass. I don't know how I didn't hear your breathing or heartbeat" He said.

"Speaking of hearing stuff, do you hear that?" Nyree asked the og hambie. He focused his hearing before it concentrated on the sound of blades. "It sounds like something flying" He concluded. "Like a drone. It kinda sounds like the one joon-yeong had made but way better." She confirmed.

" Let's go find the others" He told her.
They followed they directions that Mr. Nam gave them and approached the abondoned city. They already heard screaming and other zombies wanting to feast. When they finally found them they saw a zombie on top of wu-jin and was about to bite him. (Why didn't anyone try to help?🙄) she used a sharp object stabbing it in the back of the head.

"Surpriseee" Nyree did jazz hands. Before she could react she was tackled on the ground. "I knew it" He laughed happily. "Yeah, yeah, so what? You want a reward?" Nyree whispered teasing him with a large smile. "And what if I do?" He asked.

"Ew." Wu-jin gagged. "Save it for the bedroom guys" Dae-su teased them. After exchanging hugs with everyone, Nam-ra told them that if they left now then everyone could survive. Grabbing a partner everyone ran in the direction that potentially had no zombies.

__

I'm gonna try and write the last chapter today and if I finish it in time I'll release it too. To be honest I don't like this chapter and I don't like I'll like the next one.

Update- Oh and tell me what should I include in the last one or its gonna be like 300 words 😹.