11 | Sadness About Being Nobodies

[Third person pov]

[Third person pov]

As Nyree was leaning against Gyeongsu she suddenly got an idea and popped up. "What? What's wrong?" He asked. "Should I check my bag for food?" She whispered looking around sneaking. "Yes, Damn it. I'm starving!" He said, flicking her forehead due to her not checking it out more earlier.

"Ouch! Stop doing that" she rubbed the spot he plucked before they went to the table to get her bag. She unzipped it and started looking inside it. "The sharpened rulers, pepper spray, water filter, portable charger, deorderant, pads, the outsiders.." Nyree listed while pulling them out of her wide ass bookbag.

Don't ask her why she had this much stuff or this big ass bag cause she didn't know. After pulling out some other stuff she finally found something edible.

It was 3 granola bars. "Should we eat it?" Gyeongsu stroked the bars longingly. Nyree told him that they could share one and give the other ones to the rest of the group. Like a pair of thieves they tried to conceal what they found until cheong-san and su-hyeok came back.

They went to the window and Gyeongsu started making noises to cover the sound of the wrapper being opened. Once she got it open they broke it in half, Nyree ate it directly but Gyeongsu broke pieces off and cherished it. Though they kinda felt guilty for eating one directly they got over it pretty soon.

How the others didn't notice them chomping on a granola bar? Nobody may ever know.

"In some countries, they are sadder when adults die than when the children die" Nam-ra broke the silence, grabbing the attention of everyone. "And in others they are sadder when children die. Which do you think our country is?"

Nyree sat there in silence with Gyeongsu arm around her neck once more. "Since no one has come to the school probably the first option. That or they just abandoned the whole town." Gyeongsu spoke. Nyree nodded she agreed, they saw helicopters earlier but not once did they stop at the school.

"What do you mean?" Dae-su looked around. "When kids die, you lose their hope" joon-yeong said while sitting with his legs crossed, "when adults die, you lose their wisdom. Hope and wisdom. Which do we value more?"

The others sunk into realization. But Dae-su was still confused. The helicopters come around once more. "They've been flying around since yesterday" Nam-ra turned around and looked out the window.

"If they wanted to save us they would have. But even if they did come, we wouldn't be the first to be rescued because we're not that important. We're just students. That's all."

"They'll probably try  to get officials or high ranking officers" Nyree finally spoke. "Lucky us." She said ironically.

Su-hyeok came back soon and was helped in. "Are you ok?" Joon-yeong asked."Where's the phone?" Hyo-ryung asked."Where is cheong-san?" On-jo asked, su-hyeok just stood there and didn't give a response. On-jo ran to the window as Gyeongsu arm around her neck tightened. They walked up to him, "you good?" Nyree asked confirming the he didn't get hurt or bit. "Cheong-san's fine right?" Gyeongsu questioned not sure if he really wanted to know the answer but he had confidence in his best friend.

Before he could answer on-jo asked the samething. "We got seperated in the teachers office. He'll be fine" He answered. Gyeongsu let out air he didn't know he was holding. At least the last time he was seen, he was alive and kicking.

"you got seperated? Fuck." Dae-su said. Him and wu-jin now copying the same action on-jo did looking out the window. "I'm sorry.. For coming back alone." He apologized. On-jo let out a shaky breathe.

"He told you to didn't he?" Gyeongsu asked and when su-hyeok nodded, he led Nyree back to their seats and called cheong-san a stubborn bastard. Nyree grabbed his hand, arm still on her shoulder and told him to cheer up cause she could see that he was still upset despite how he acted.

"He's gonna be fine. He's the whole reason why were still alive to be honest. He'll survive" Nyree reassured. Her words were heard by the others and calmed them down a little.

Unbeknownst to them, Cheong-san was getting chased down zombies. With someone unexpected with him.

__

In the beginning I was just writing to be honest. I'm planning for them to confess on the rooftop so 😼. Another short chapter though. I gotta get better at writing friendships though. Not a lot of Na-yeon or Nam-ra though 😾.