𝖾𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾

even after the graduation day, the eight of them stood right in front of the airport.

"are you sure you are leaving today? maybe you just didn't read your ticket precisely, maybe-"

"ni-ki, that's enough. it's fine, jay knows what he is doing.", heeseung assured.

"thank you for everything, you guys. i couldn't have gotten better brothers than you six. i hope we will stay in contact, even in thirty years.", jay chuckled.

but deep inside, all of them were sad. it's like losing someone important, knowing they won't be coming back anytime soon.

everything jay is doing right now is for his own sake and the boys definitely didn't want to be a burden to him.

he should do what makes him happy, what keeps him going and what will lead him to a successful and healthy life.

yerin was drowning in her thoughts, it seemed like she stopped functioning.

"bring it in!", jake screamed and hugged jay tightly, which the boys did too immediately. jay saw that yerin didn't join, her gaze was glued on the floor.

"do you mind staying outside for a while? give me five minutes alone time with yerin, okay?"

with that, he took her hands and led her into the airport. "jay, what exactly are you doing?"

"giving you a proper goodbye?", he replied with a grin on his face.

the place was crowded like hell, but jay managed to find a rather empty spot near his gate.

"yerin, i would like you to remember me as the one who brought you joy over the past months you were in high school. the one who was cold to you in the beginning, did some unnecessary stuff and won your heart over in the end. i know we only had a short time together, but i must say i enjoyed everything we did. every single detail will be kept in my head and in the little diary i started.

i don't know when we will see each other again, but if i come back someday and you're still single, i will obviously make you to my wife, okay?", he joked.

yerin listened carefully and broke out in tears. "there, there.", he sighed and hugged her tightly.

"i didn't even get to my best part yet and you're already crying."

"you're such a jerk! it's normal to cry when bidding goodbyes!", yerin defended between her hiccups.

suddenly, jay pulled out a little white box out of his coat: "take it or i'll leave it here."

she was astounded when she saw the little bird necklace in the box. "isn't that-"

"the necklace you wanted on our first hangout, remember? i got so fed up we went home without it. but i saw how your eyes were shimmering at that time, so i came back when i wasn't busy and bought it for you.

the bird is a symbol of freedom and with that, i'm letting you go for your own good." now it sounded like jay holding back his tears.

not only will he leave the place he calls home, but also his first and last love. he promised that to himself.

"all your presents had such a deep meaning, i feel so bad right now.", yerin laughed it off while new tears started to form in her eyes.

"of course i will remember you. no one could compete with you and you're obviously aware about that. i hope you will learn a lot when joining the company, just don't overwork yourself, drink enough water and think of me now and then, please.

i hope we will see each other in reality some time, maybe after you became the most successful CEO of the united states?"

she smiled at him in awe.

never has yerin thought that letting go of someone so dear to her would be so hard.

"make sure you call me whenever you can, okay?"

"of course i will. i'll make sure to spare some time for you." jay gave her a pinky promise and took his suitcase afterwards.

"announcement. this is the final boarding call for flight 204A to seattle. please proceed to gate 3 immediately. the final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes time. i repeat."

"sorry, yerin. i really need to go now, otherwise i won't catch the flight."

he hugged her one last time: "promise to live a good life while i'm not here. don't forget me, eat well, drink well, take care of the others."

it was like time has suddenly passed slower than usual. yerin was too focused on jay, who took his stuff and began to hurry to the gate the flight was waiting.

she couldn't hear the crowd, everything went so silent. all she did was standing on the same spot, grabbing onto the bird necklace tightly and watching her love leave.

the others were standing behind her already, actually cheering for jay and bidding goodbye.

such a sweet love, suddenly gone.

"i don't care if you wanted to set me free. i'll wait for you."

"we were two birds after all."