𝗈𝗇𝖾

"good morning!!", yerin beamed once she entered the class. she quickly got rid of her gloves, which by the way were covered in snow, and took her seat next to her brother. "i hope you slept well, here's your food!" "thanks, looks delicious!", jungwon said and smiled at her.

"ew, siblings love on another level. shouldn't you hit each other or something by now?", sunoo pretended to be disgusted by the two. yerin just stuck out her tongue and pointed to her coat. "did you even notice that i got a new one? look how pretty the colour is!" "i'm not surprised at this point, you seem to have new clothes every week, yerin.", sunghoon yawned, meaning he wasn't really into the news.

"dad gets you new things every season so his cutesy daughter will still look good, even in the most extreme weather conditions.", jungwon said. "hey, you got new clothes, too! they're all in your room at my place though.", yerin replied rather annoyed.

———

꒰ their parents were located in singapore at the moment, dealing with certain company issues, which led them to leaving their children alone in seoul. "they are old enough to take care of each other. especially yerin, we don't need to worry about her causing trouble. she will definitely watch over her little brother, too.", they said.

little did they know jungwon was so stubborn that he decided to live with his friends because he thought his older sister was too strict towards him.

"can you tidy up your room please? it looks so messy." "i'm going grocery shopping real quick. can you prepare the rice before i come home?" "enough with the video games! you've been sitting in front of the tv for two and a half hours already! have you even done your homework yet?" "ugh, jungwon! i asked you to put the laundry out of the dryer! that was a simple request!"
"ugh, you know what? i'll be living with jake hyung and the rest. all i hear is complaints here!"

and with that, the siblings' path split in two. ꒱

———

"i think you look great every time i see you, love.", jake exclaimed while he was walking towards his group. yerin was giggling, the younger sibling on the other side rolled his eyes. "ew, don't call my sister like that. i said back off multiple times already!" "so what? she's pretty and i am older than you, i can do whatever i want~", the other responded.

"i must say: jake and yerin would be really cute together.", sunoo said. "oh, shut up! don't give them foolish thoughts!" jungwon has completely lost his hope. how did he even end up here? "did anyone see jay or heeseung hyung today though? i don't remember them going to school with us today.", sunghoon changed the topic.

jay. yerin let out a small sigh. to be honest, the whole friend group felt like family to her, but the thing was: jay was someone she couldn't vibe with at all. every time she visited the dorm, he was either literally ignoring her or finding a way to distract himself so he wouldn't have to interact with her. the boys couldn't figure out his behaviour either. according to them, he was the mom in the house: cooking, cleaning, entertaining the younger ones and heeseung. yerin and jay basically had the same chores, they could be the same person even based on personality, but none of them has quite realised that.

right in that moment, jay stormed into the classroom. his shirt was not buttoned up neatly, the tie hung around the neck loosely. all in all, he looked like a mess. "god, jay! you look like you just had a quickie in the bathroom and needed to sprint to class after real quick!", riki said. "how the hell do you know what a quickie is, riki?" sunghoon looked at him with a concerned expression. the youngest shrugged his shoulders. "who knows?"

"jay, do you need help? i could knot the tie if you want.", yerin asked politely, but got ignored by him again. "i'm fine, guys. you just went without me and i overslept. heeseung hyung will arrive anytime soon.", he reassured and fixed his school uniform before taking his seat, which is ironically next to yerin's. what did i even do to him?, she thought and sighed.

"good morning, class! take your seats please, i'll check your attendance very briefly!", the teacher suddenly greeted.

———

"ugh, i can't stand jay anymore!" it was currently lunch time and yerin was sitting next to sunoo, jungwon and jake, while the others were still getting their food. "what's his problem? i didn't do anything, did i?" "of course not, maybe he's just not used to energetic people like you!", sunoo exclaimed. "oh please, you're a dorm containing seven boys. there's nothing more energetic than that!"

"don't worry, yerin. i'm sure he has his reasons, i mean you don't like everybody in this school either, do you?", jake asked and scooted over to her at the same time. "what i like are the surimi sticks you have there though! let me try one!" he quickly grabbed one with his chopsticks. "enough with that 'getting close to my sister' thing!", jungwon groaned. "aye, don't take it too seriously. i'm just messing around.. wonnie.", jaeyun smiled.

"you." next thing yerin knew, her chair was shaking, caused by jay's kick against it. she turned around: "what?" the other boys were genuinely confused about his actions as well. instead of giving an answer, he simply grabbed her arm and pulled her with him.

"jay, you're hurting me! ow! god, do you always treat young women like that? you should be ashamed of yourself.", yerin blabbered. soon, they arrived at the school garden where jay finally let go of her. "i swear, i feel like you're going to kill me since nobody's here except for us. but don't worry, there are people who can confirm that you're the last person i was seen with!"

"i know."

"wow, now you want to act smart, huh?"

"no, common sense. i literally dragged you away from our friends, who happened to be in a crowded cafeteria. of course there are witnesses, dumbass."

"right.", yerin gave up. this was simply embarrassing to her. "what do you even want from me in the first place then?"

"let's talk."

𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗋  。゚☆:
i feel like this is actually boring, but it's also the first chapter. i actually hope you got to understand most of the parts, like yerin being close to her brother and especially jake & sunoo, having a conflict with jay and so on. as you may have  noticed, she also let jake just fLiRt with her. could there be a mutual interest? who knows?

i still hope you enjoyed the first part and will accompany through the story! <3