𝗍𝗐𝗈

"let's talk.", jay said.

"then you should begin, shouldn't you?"

"we should be friends.", he stated and sat on the bench. yerin was genuinely confused: "what?" "i know we aren't on good terms, but since you don't seem to stop bothering the dorm, i suggest we should at least pretend to stand each other." - "well, that seems sudden. is there a certain reason?"

jay didn't answer. instead, he stood up and looked down on yerin. "are you in or not?" the girl gulped. never has he been so close to her and the intimidating gaze didn't help either. "a-and what exactly do i get?" "i'll cook you meals too whenever you're visiting us, i guess."

———

"jay, stop denying it.", heeseung scolded the younger one. "denying what?", jay replied. he didn't quite understand why all of them gathered in the living room. it's even more uncomfortable because all six boys were staring at jay intensely, as if he has done something bad.

"you like yerin!"

"excuse me, what?", he asked again. "where does this statement come from?" "you've been mean to her since you first met her. something's definitely not right.", jungwon said, crossing his arms while leaning back. "there's nothing wrong with feelings! i just don't understand why it had to be my sister."

"you all are assuming absurd statements, i never said i liked her." "why are you being so mean to her then?", sunoo pouted. "she's such a good soul, she doesn't deserve your shitty behaviour."

jay gulped. "okay, i admit that there may be a little love interest." "i knew it!", riki screamed and applauded. "great, now that this is official, you should befriend her.", jake suggested. "if you show her you're not a grumpy grandpa with no feelings, maybe she'll despise you less."

rolling his eyes, jongseong stood up and sighed. "alright, i'll try my best."

———

"uhm.. sure? this is confusing me on so many levels.", yerin wasn't really sure how she should react. "great! i see you in the cafeteria in a few!", he said and grinned before he left.

what just happened?

soon, yerin was back with her group, eating silently. to her surprise, jake changed seats and now jay was next to her. "what did you guys talk about, yerin?", jungwon asked worriedly since his sister didn't utter a word after she came back.

"i befriended yerin!", jay proudly exclaimed like a kid, patting her head lightly.

"huh?", the rest blurted out. "run that by me again?", heeseung continued, but jay only shrugged his shoulders. "jay took me to the school garden and offered me to be his friend.", yerin finally explained. she was beyond confused, too.

did something possess him? it's like his personality changed during the classes.

———

"jay, what the hell?", jake exclaimed. school has ended and after a long day, the seven boys were pretty exhausted. jay on the other hand insisted on staying in front of the school gate. yerin's last period was on the other side of the building, meaning it would take her a bit longer to get to the exit.

"what?" "you've been so clingy towards her today!", jake laughed. "don't you think it was a bit suspicious?", heeseung agreed and patted jay's shoulder. "whatever."

"oh, it's so late already? i gotta go to my skating class. sunoo, wanna come along?", sunghoon said and bid everyone goodbye. the rest knew what sunghoon's plan was and also excused themselves, resulting in jay standing alone at the gates now.

"hey!", yerin greeted the male. "god, you scared me!" "were you waiting for me?", she giggled. "actually, yes." "huh? really? i was joking, it's fine if you didn't-" "the others have plans and went ahead, but i didn't. so why not waiting?"

"you're being weird today. look, this conversation here is longer than any we had. are you sure you don't have fever or something?" "shut up, let's go." "where?"

———

"ma'am, your iced cappuccino with extra whipped cream.", the waiter announced and placed yerin's order on the table. jay looked at his vanilla milkshake that was placed in front of him afterwards. "thanks!", yerin smiled and immediately took a sip.

"how did you know i like coffee flavoured drinks?", she chuckled and put down her phone after taking a picture of her cappuccino. "it's a secret.", he replied. "jungwon told you, didn't he?" "who else if not him?" now it was jay's turn to giggle.

both of them talked about everything that came into their minds. one could clearly tell that they enjoyed each other's company & had lots of fun.

"you know, i like this jay in front of me better.", yerin suddenly said, making the other one choke on his milkshake. "hey, you good?", she gasped. "yeah, yeah.", he assured. "it just caught me off guard, no worries." "are you sure you're okay? you've been acting up in general today." "have i? i just tried to be nice."

"and you succeeded! i'm glad i agreed on being friends with you." 'cute', jay thought. 'she really is a pure soul.' he only showed her a smile and stood up. "i'm going to pay real quick. be right back." "no, i can pay for myself, it's no big deal. hey, jay! wait a minute, let me pay!", yerin's voice got louder by each word. she rapidly stood up and packed her things, hoping she would catch up with him.

———

it was dark already. yerin insisted on staying at the dorm this time since she didn't really want to be at her place alone tonight. "next time, i'll pay.", she sighed and crossed her arms. "hmm, sure. keep dreaming, yerin.", jay laughed and patted her head.

after a little walk and talk, the two of them finally arrived at their destination. jay quickly unlocked the door. "after you, miss." "why, thank you very much, sir!", yerin giggled and entered the dorm.

"yerin? what are you doing here?", someone suddenly ran down the stairs. "hi, jungwon!" "don't tell me you and jay were outside together the whole time?" "oh, we were. he treated me for an iced cappuccino!"

jay got rid of his shoes, placing them on the shelf neatly before turning towards the siblings. "i hope you don't mind.", he sweetly grinned. jungwon was too stunned to speak.

"uh, well. did you plan on staying overnight?", he asked his sister, which she responded to with a nod. "is that okay? it's thursday and tomorrow's a free day. i didn't want to be at my place alone tonight." "you're always welcome, i'll make your room ready. the others are in the kitchen, are you hungry?"

"i'm fine, thanks. i'll just join them." the brother nodded and jogged upstairs.

"good evening, everyone!", yerin happily greeted everyone. "yerin! nice to see you, how was your day?", riki asked her. "she spent the whole afternoon with me, it must have been great, right yerin?", jay grinned and took his seat.

the boys let out an "ohhh" at the same time and looked at yerin, who was taking a seat next to jake. "i suggest we just eat for now, how about that?"

𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗋 。゚☆:
imagine you're giving them the first interaction second chapter already. yes, it's me. don't imagine.