𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

school was over.

and to yerin's luck, she got paired up with jay to clean the classroom.

jungwon patted her shoulder: "i'm sorry about this morning. i do understand your situation and just remember that i want you to be happy. even though i don't approve of your actions sometimes." yerin rolled her eyes playfully: "i'm going to figure my life out, don't worry. thanks for being by my side."

she giggled and bid her brother goodbye before jay handed her the broom: "hurry, i don't want to stay here all day."

the good mood faded quickly. cleaning up in silence was horrible, all yerin could hear was the water running, the broom swinging over the floor and jay breathing.

"alright, i've done all my tasks. see you." jay was about to take his backpack so he could leave, when yerin tucked kn his sleeve like a little child. "are you seriously going to leave me here all alone? we're the only ones in school left! what if i get locked up in here?"

"sounds like a you problem.", he coldly replied as he opened the door and exited the room. great.

———

the sun was setting when yerin finally finished her part of cleaning. she hurried to take her backpack and leave the school as well, but when she was at the grand exit, she couldn't open it.

"what the hell? don't they lock the doors at 6?", she whispered in a panicking tone.

was she really stuck in school now? yerin went through her bag and jacket, but didn't find her phone either.

right, i asked jake to airdrop me the photos from yesterday and left it in the kitchen.

"ugh, fucking hell!", she cursed out loud. the girl looked around the school to find an open exit, but failed miserably. even the janitor left already since he finished all his tasks over the day.

all yerin could do now was get back to her classroom. if i am locked up here, i'll be the first person here in class tomorrow. she chuckled lowly at her thought.

she took one of her classmate's little blanket that was in one of the cubbies to warm herself up. she then used her jacket to place it on the floor before she laid down on it.

well, may you survive this night peacefully.

———

"hey, has anyone seen yerin?", heeseung walked downstairs,

"didn't she come home after cleaning duties? her room is as empty as our fridge."

"what do you mean she's not here? i thought she came home already?", jake turned to his elder brother. heeseung responded with his head shaking. "i called her a few times, but it goes straight to the mailbox."

"that's because that dumbass left her phone in the kitchen this morning!", jungwon walked in with a groan and yerin's phone in his hand. "where the hell could she be then?" sunghoon looked around: "yerin? are you hiding somewhere?"

"hyung, it's really not the right time.", sunoo looked at sunghoon with a death stare.

jay was listening to the conversation from the kitchen as he was cutting some vegetables. he then realised...

"are you seriously going to leave me here all alone? we're the only ones in school left! what if i get locked up in here?"

"fuck.", he cursed out loud. grabbing his jacket and helmet as fast as he could, jay yelled through the whole house: "hoon and riki, prepare dinner real quick for me! i gotta go!"

"jay, where the hell are you going at this hour?", jake yelled back, but didn't even get an answer.

the heaters were turned off since it's spring already. that doesn't mean it's not cold during the evenings. god, i should have thought about that., jay thought when he was driving to school as fast as he could.

i hope she's okay.

———

even to her surprise, yerin was able to fall asleep, considering her condition right now.

mom and dad will be quite disappointed if they find out their daughter couldn't even get out of school punctually. this is embarrassing.

it must have been an hour or so since she was all locked up in the building.

what she didn't know was that the janitor was actually there. the poor guy had to clean up the rugby field since some of the students left all their garbage their after lunch time.

jay arrived at his usual parking slot, spotting the janitor. he tried his best to gain his attention while he ran towards the old man.

"excuse me! have you seen a girl wandering around here for the past hour? it's really important!"

"what are you talking about, kid? go home, it's not safe to be alone at this time!" "i'm a student here, just let me in please. i think i know where she is." he quickly showed his student I.D., hoping the janitor would open the gates and doors for him.

which he did, luckily.

jay was worried about yerin, a lot. he was the one who left her alone after all, he should have waited and taken her home, just like a sane man would probably do.

the boy slid the door open harshly, only to see her lying on the ground, sleeping peacefully. his gaze softened immediately as he approached her figure.

just then, yerin opened her eyes a bit, still tired.

"no, no. sleep, i'll take you home now."

"hmm, jay? is that you?"

"dumbass. you even left the windows open, did you want to freeze to death?" he picked her up carefully, so he could return to his motorbike as fast as he could. jay thanked the janitor shortly after he got out of the building.

"alright, i need you to be at least a bit awake so you can hold me tightly, okay? i don't want you to fall off the bike while i'm riding it." yerin got a helmet put on already. she quickly snugged her arms around his waist and laid her head on his back, only to close her eyes again.

———

jay busted into the dorm with yerin in his arms, panting like a dog.

"oh my god, you found her!" jungwon's jaw dropped.

"i'm sorry i stormed off. and im also sorry for all this, i was the one who left her in the classroom after all. didn't know she'd be so slow that she couldn't get out punctually.", jay chuckled and put yerin on the couch.

"let's just let her sleep. everybody get ready for bed, i assume we're all tired.", heeseung yawned after his statement.

once everyone said good night, jay suddenly went downstairs again.

he sat next to yerin, caressing her cheek as he admired her face.

"i'm sorry. i really am."