𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

it was a peaceful morning.

yerin was surprised when she found herself on the couch, a blanket over her body and her pyjamas on. she looked around tiredly, thus she still believed this was a dream.

jay was knocked out, he sat on the armchair and held the big blanket tightly. yerin checked the time and noticed it was way too late for school. but then, jungwon walked past the living room and detected his sister awake already.

"did you sleep well?", he asked as he entered the room. the sister shrugged: "i remember falling asleep at school. the doors were locked already, i couldn't get out and just hoped to survive the night in the classroom. what happened?"

"well, jay took you home." jungwon pointed to the sleeping boy right there, "he thought you'd make it out in time, turns out you didn't. all of us were worried sick, but he took action and got to you as fast as he could. since he also thought it was his fault that this happened in first place, he stayed with you the whole night. i'm glad he was able to get some sleep."

"i see.", yerin mumbled. she was kind of lost in her thoughts as she stared at jay. "i should thank him. but why aren't you at school?" "did you forget? the teachers have a conference today and gave us assignments. maybe that's why jay hurried so desperately: no one would be at school today."

"i must be out of my mind."

"the most important thing is that you're safe and healthy. are you cold? do you need anything?"

yerin shook her head: "i'm fine. don't worry, i just feel very exhausted." "i understand and this is completely okay. you had a rough night."

"why are you awake anyway when we don't even have school?"

"oh, i was going to make breakfast. wanna help?"

"not on my watch!", sunghoon suddenly barged in, "i am jungwon's wingman today! yerin should rest well!"

he caused yerin to laugh out loud, which made jay wake up from his slumber.

"what happened?", he mumbled exhaustedly as he tried to wake up. "nothing. let's go, won!", sunghoon rushed out of the living room and dragged the younger one with him.

yerin stretched her arms and smiled: "good morning, jongseong!" "it's way too early, let me sleep!", he only answered.

a sigh escaped her mouth after she noticed that jay seriously continued sleeping. she then proceeded to stand in front of jay, looking down on him: "i just wanted to say thank you for taking me home yesterday. i seriously wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't for you. i'll do my best to clean faster next time, i promise.", yerin giggled and exited the living room afterwards.

jay opened his eyes again and watched her leave. were things going to be better now?

———

after breakfast, yerin decided to leave the dorm for a while to go for a walk. right when she put on her jacket and shoes, jay walked towards her and did the same.

"oh? i didn't know you're going out too!"

"dumbass, i'm going with you. after yesterday, i won't let you wander around on your own again."

"stop acting like my bodyguard. i think i can handle everything on my own."

jay didn't listen and took her hand instead. with that, he headed to the garage. "i know a place you might like. wanna get on a ride?" he threw the helmet at her and grinned.

"seriously? you're acting so cocky nowadays.", yerin teased and giggled.

"shut up and get on the motorbike, yerin."

she did as she was told and held jay tightly, fearing she could fall off during the ride.

———

the whole ride, the sun was shining brightly and all yerin could do was watching her surroundings change by every mile. she didn't know where jay was heading to, she seriously just hoped she won't die on this ride.

after some time, jay finally came to a halt. he took off his helmet: "yerin, we're here!"

yerin did the same as jay and looked around to see if she knew this place. "where are we?" "out of seoul at least."

the nature was literally glowing. it seemed like jay took her out to the middle of nowhere, but yerin still liked it. the birds were chirping, the smell was nostalgic and there were no people around who could possibly disturb her.

"this is a nice place! how did you find it?" yerin turned around to jay who approached her with his backpack. "i used to visit this place back then. let's go!"

he slowly took her hand and smiled brightly before marching forward.