𝗌𝗂𝗑

the first days of spring were near.

funny how it was snowing just last week.

the warm temperature caught yerin off-guard, she slightly opened her eyes and noticed how bright the sun was shining already. but she couldn't move properly. just then, she realised the arm that was around her waist, preventing her from moving any further.

jay was in a deep slumber and the possibility he would wake up anytime soon was very low. yerin observed the male, allowing herself to go through his hair with her hand.

hmph, he's really handsome actually.

right then, jay slowly opened his eyes. once he noticed he wasn't alone, he turned to the other side. "good morning to you, too.", yerin giggled and sat herself up. "where are the pillows that we put in between us?", he asked. "on the floor. you were moving a lot so they simply fell on the ground." "liar. you moved a lot more than me." "at least i didn't put my arm around your waist, dummy.", yerin stuck her tongue out.

"whatever.", jay breathed in and got up from his bed. "did you sleep well at least?" he went towards his fancy wardrobe and tried to match an outfit for the day. yerin nodded: "it was quite warm, i liked it. thanks for letting me stay here." "i only owe you because my ass went to sleep in your bed that one night."

the girl got up as well and stood next to him. "why don't you join me and my mother today?", she asked. "huh?", jay blurted out. "it's a mother-daughter thing. i'm not coming with you, i have other plans." "well, but she said it would be good to hang out with the top student in class more often." "i rather think she wants only you and the top student to meet, her excluded."

yerin sighed. "alright, sorry i asked you." "you're so clingy today, did you notice?" jay threw the clothes on his bed. "go get yourself ready in your own room. unless you want to see me naked."

"ugh, you really know how to keep girls away from you!" with a disgusted face, she got out of jay's room and went into hers, deciding what to wear today as well.

———

jay insisted to accompany yerin to the spot where she was going to meet her mom in the end.

"ha! and you said you have other plans." "i have other plans. i need to buy something in the city, too.", jay replied calmly.

"alright, i'll pretend i believe you.", yerin scoffed.

the two of them were almost there when jay suddenly went to a different direction. "hey, where are you going?", yerin exclaimed behind him.

"see you later!", was the only thing he said before he walked out of her sight.

"this guy's a mystery."

"who is?"

yerin gasped and turned around to see no one else than her mother. "what?"

"you said 'this guy's a mystery'. well, who is? i'm curious! are you seeing someone?", her mother smiled brightly.

"ahh, no no! there was a man walking by and he looked sort of ridiculous when he did.", the daughter explained. well, i'm not really lying.

mother yang pouted. "i thought my little girl would finally start doing something different than studying!", she joked.

"can we please just keep going?", yerin whined.

———

"jungwon is what?", the mother almost choked on her iced latte, trying to understand yerin's news. "he's fine! it's not like he's living alone and fights on his own, mom." "don't you dare telling your dad about this. why didn't you inform me that you live alone now? you shouldn't be all by yourself!"