𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

NURSERY OFFICE

jay was sitting on the bed, staring at yerin who happened to drag him out of the fight earlier.

"seriously, what were you thinking? causing a scene right in the middle of the cafeteria?" she sounded exhausted and all she was able to do was sighing. she didn't quite understand why jay would suddenly fight people out of the blue, twice already.

"to be fair, he molested you. so i simply interrupted to get you out of there." "this doesn't explain why you desperately wanted to punch him to mars, jay."

"because he was the one talking shit about you yesterday night!", the boy whined. "then let him talk. it's not like we care about his opinion anyway.", yerin giggled, finally looking at him.

"you have more bruises now, doesn't it hurt a little?"

"i'm fine when you're around."

yerin's cheeks turned red, she quickly looked away to hide her sudden shyness. "are you blushing?", jay teased and tried to hold in his laughter. she still didn't say anything, it's like she was too stunned to speak.

"look, yerin. i know it's weird to ask you this in the nursery office because it's actually not the best timing, but do you think you want to accompany me to the spring festival? only if you want to."

just then, sunoo suddenly rushed in. "i'm really sorry if i interrupt something now, but yerin! jungwon needs your help, can you please come quickly?", he pleaded.

yerin looked at jay with an apologetic face and stood up. before she left, she smiled: "i'll give you an answer later. wanna wait for me at the gates after school?" jay's face lit up and he showed her a thumbs up quickly.

———

"all you're saying is you needed my help because you couldn't find your stupid ball for your rugby game which happened to be in your fucking locker?" the sister was furious. i needed to let jay alone for this?

"i'm really sorry. it felt like an emergency.", jungwon tried to find an excuse and showed his apologetic smile. "i swear, this is the last time i'll ever go after a 'jungwon needs help!'. i really left jay in the nursery's office for this stupid occasion!" yerin walked away angrily, she was done with her brother and his stupid fake emergencies.

letting out a sigh, she jogged back to the place she expected jay to be, but was stopped midway, again.

intak had a band aid on his nose and a few scratches here and there, but he seemed pretty fine after jay actually beat the shit out of him.

"hi there!", he smiled innocently, gesturing a small wave as well. "intak, look-" "no no no, i would like to say something first!"

"alright."

"see, i know you said no and i already got a few punches from your little friend during lunch break, but are you really sure you don't want to go with me?"

yerin let out a heavy groan. "can you seriously stop for a second? first you didn't let me go after i said no twice, then you get into a fight with my friend and now after my stupid brother called me for an unnecessary reason you show up again and ask me again? can't you deal with rejection or something? and for your information: jay is not a little friend. he's a caring, brave and strong boy who is probably better than you will ever be. god, can't people leave me alone for just a minute or so? it's getting on my nerves!" intak watched the girl in front of him breathe heavily, knowing she let all the anger out she had gained today.

the other students around them already started to whisper.

why is he badmouthing jay like that?

yerin's such a baddie for putting him in his place!

the poor girl, intak really doesn't leave her alone, does he?

the boy looked around, gulping when he heard the gossiping. "alright, i'm sorry. i didn't mean to molest you! i'll accept the rejection, see you around." with that, he quickly ran away. embarrassing, yerin thought.

———

"are you coming over to the dorm today?", heeseung patted yerin's shoulder once classes were over. the girl grabbed her backpack and got up from her seat: "i don't know yet, maybe for dinner. i'm not quite in the mood to cook for myself." both of them started laughing. "see you around then. bye!"

heeseung left with sunghoon first, sunoo bid her goodbye before catching up on his elder brothers. yerin walked to the exit, yawning and stretching her arms.

"yerin!", jay called from behind. she turned around quickly and flashed a smile, waving at her friend. "wanna walk home together?" "i'm actually going to my place first. i told heeseung i might visit the dorm for dinner later." "fine by me, let's go!"

he took her backpack and started walking.

yerin curiously touched the band aid on his head. "are you feeling better now?" jay looked at her, raising his eyebrows:
"don't worry, it's not as bad as you think. at least i didn't get suspended." both giggled delightfully. "intak promised to leave me alone." "he better follows his words. otherwise i'll beat his ass again."

"which reminds me of your question earlier!" yerin grinned. jay pretended he didn't know what she was talking about: "huh? what question?"

"don't play dumb. otherwise i won't answer it." yerin hummed and walked ahead.

"noo! wait!", jay panicked and quickly caught up on her. right then, yerin stopped walking, turned around and smiled.

"i would love to go with you."

𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗋 。゚☆:
don't forget to vote and leave a comment if you liked it!! <3