𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

months and months were passing by where yerin and jay enjoyed being a vivid couple.

when there was time, they did little picnics at their little spot, studied in the library or just simply spent time together at the dorm. if yerin had to admit it, she would actually say she had such a good life at the moment. jay made her happy and she was surrounded by her friends who treated her like family.

she also started to accompany her father more often to gain experience, yerin wanted to become a worthy heiress of her dad's company after all.

their relationship developed for the good and as mr. yang noticed how desperately she was longing for that high position, he immediately showed his soft side to explain her every detail yerin needed to know.

———

"guess who's back!", jay opened the door whilst holding a bouquet of pink flowers. yerin was currently reading a book, but put it away immediately as she saw her boyfriend with the surprise.

"jay! where were you?", yerin asked and chuckled as she approached him. jay gave her a little peck on the cheek when he handed her the gift: "on my bike for a while. once i passed the flower shop, i felt like surprising you."

"you absolutely did! where do you think i should put them?"

"what about the window-sill?"

yerin placed the bouquet right where jay suggested: "looks good to me! thanks for the flowers, i really appreciate it." she took his hand and ruffled through his hair, making him smile like an idiot.

"i always like to do that, so don't worry. by the way, wanna watch a movie tonight? i heard the boys will be out of the dorm, you know?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"that's a great invite, but i'll visit my dad later which is why i don't know when i'll be back."

jay nodded: "i understand. do you think i can join the others then?" "of course you can, what kind of question is that? your life, your choices, jay. now if you excuse me, i need to change my clothes and get myself ready."

instead of leaving the room, jay simply seated himself on the bed: "alright. you do what you gotta do."

"get out!"

"you don't have anything to hide from me, do you?"

"jay!"

"okay, okay! im leaving!", jay laughed and went to the door, "but what i said was true." "shut up!", yerin tried to hide her blushed cheeks and slammed the door in his face.

———

"the last advice i am giving you today is: make sure you trust the right ones here.", mr yang strolled through the ground floor as he admired the architecture of his own building, "don't tell others about your future plans. greed is something the human can't live without and right when you're not looking, the people betray you without hesitation."

yerin attentively wrote it down on her little notepad she brought with her: "okay, got it."

"i am very happy that you're showing interest, yerin. you're making me a proud dad, did you know that?" he came to a halt, turned around and patted his daughter's head with a smile on his face. yerin only nodded.

"how are things with jay going, my dear?", yang suddenly asked her.

"oh, it's going great, dad! he surprised me with pink flowers today, isn't that nice?"

"i see he treats you well. i guess i don't have to worry." "why would you? you know him since he was little, did you think he'd turn into a cold-hearted bad boy?", yerin laughed out loud and put her notepad in her bag.

"i just had my doubts, but i think they're irrelevant now. i'm just thinking about how long you two will still be together."

"what do you mean? we started dating just started a few months ago and we're happier than we could imagine?", she chuckled, but in reality she feared something. what was her father trying to say?

"yerin, don't play dumb. didn't you know jay will join his parents in the states after your graduation ceremony?"

silence.

"what?", was all she could blur out. the father looked at her with a surprised expression: "wait, you really didn't know?"

even that was hard to answer. she wanted to say something, too. she tried do deny it, but was convinced what he said was true. so many questions ran through her mind as yerin tried to understand that it wasn't a lie.

why didn't jay tell me? i thought we wouldn't keep secrets from each other.

did he know it before as well? was this all planned?

"dad?", yerin sniffled, but the father knew she was going to burst out crying, so he simply hugged her while his daughter let it all out.

"i am sorry, dear. i thought he told you. mr park already announced this to his business partners months ago and jay was aware of it as well. i didn't want to ruin anything now, i am truly sorry."

"it's fine, i think. thanks for telling me anyway." yerin stayed in her father's embrace for a while before thanking him for today and leaving afterwards.

and to her surprise, there wasn't her driver in front of the building, but jay on his motorbike. he waved at her like an idiot and jogged towards her. as soon as he saw she was crying, he stopped.

"yerin, you're crying. what happened?"

"why didn't you tell me you will leave?"

———
𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗋 。゚☆:
letting go of someone you love is quite hard. and to think that this story will come to an end soon is heartbreaking too.

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐃𝐒 | 𝖯𝖩𝖲On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara