𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

"stop moving, it's just going to hurt a lot more!" "be more careful, then!", jay barked back.

yerin didn't feel well with the fact that jay wanted to medicate himself in her bathroom. being a good soul as always, the two of them were now sitting on her couch, watching tv for the distraction so that she could take care of his wounds.

"it's not that bad. i only got into a fight with a bunch of boys from school." "why would you even fight back? let them talk, it's not a big deal."

"they were talking about you.", he stated.

yerin gulped. well, didn't expect that.

"you didn't need to fight them for bad mouthing me. if we don't know them, what's the point? bullies are everywhere, they're just jealous.", she then shrugged and threw the used cotton pads away. "you're all ready. get home, we have school tomorrow." "but i don't want to go home. it's late.", jay suddenly pouted.

"well, i don't know if jungwon's spare uniform fits you. i don't care where you want to sleep, whether it's the dorm or here. just don't bother me, i'm going to sleep.", yerin sighed heavily and strolled towards her room. "good night."

"yerin, wait.", he suddenly called from the couch. she did as she was told and turned around. "what is it?"

jay walked towards her, bending to her height. god, he's way too close.

he was only a few inches away, looking her straight in the eyes.

"you didn't tell me where the bathroom is.", he grinned.

that's when yerin pushed him away out of shyness. "god, y-you startled me!" "seems like i left a heavy impact on you. are you nervous or why are you stuttering?" jay rose an eyebrow at her, still having a big grin on his face.

"whatever. end of the hallway, right side. goodbye." she quickly went into her room and exhaled deeply.

———

the next morning, yerin woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. only half awake, she stumbled into the kitchen, only to find jay already wearing the school uniform and an apron to prevent it from getting dirty.

"morning, sleepy head. i was waiting for you to wake up and make breakfast, but you simply slept through." yerin replied with a shoulder shrugging, gulping down her glass of water and looking at the food. "you're a good cook actually."

"duh, i take care of six literal kids."

"seems like someone's in a bad mood."

"i am not." "yes, you are."

jay sighed heavily: "would you please go and get ready? we're already late." "nonsense, we still have half an hour left.", yerin defended herself, but went to the bathroom anyway.

———

in fact, jay and yerin arrived at school last minute, passing the gate as fast as they could before it would be closed. "do you always take so long in the bathroom? god, i'm surprised you never arrived late yet." "why do you always need to exaggerate everything?", she groaned. due to all the bickering, both of them didn't quite realise they have already arrived in their classroom.

"idiot."

"dumbass."

"shut up."

"make me.", yerin grinned and seated herself next to jungwon afterwards. "look at you two, already bickering like an old couple.", sunghoon teased.

"we're not a couple!", jay and yerin yelled in unison. "sure, keep telling yourselves that.", heeseung smiled amusedly.

"good morning, class!", the teacher yelled through the room, everybody stayed silent and looked at her. "as you may or may not know, we will have a festival soon since it's spring already. well well, how time flies!" she sighed, "i really hope you will enjoy it!"

"maybe you and yerin will spend time together all alone at the festival, what do you think?", jake whispered and looked at his seat mate with a mischievous grin. "hmph, you shouldn't give yourself foolish thoughts.", jay muttered and sighed afterwards.

"never say never, bro."

after the teacher went on with the announcement, she left as quickly as she arrived.

"spring festival..", yerin mumbled and looked at jungwon. he on the other side showed a thumbs up:

"doesn't it sound nice? our last festival at the school!"

———

yerin thought about it beforehand. should i ask jay to go?

she felt really happy when he was around, maybe a little too happy.

it was currently lunch time, the boys were already sitting at their table while yerin walked towards them with her food. just then, someone blocked her way.

"yerin!", intak exclaimed. he was one of the popular mates in her class, but neither did they interact with each other nor did they share the same interests. "hi?" yerin was quite unsure how to greet him, they have never greeted the other after all.

"look, i'm making it quite short. would you like to accompany me to the spring festival? you seem like a pretty, funny and happy person to be around, wanna give it a chance?"

jay was watching the scene from afar and he certainly did not like it at all. "what are you looking at?", sunghoon asked him and tried to follow his sight. "ohh, jay is jealous!", riki laughed.

"is he trying to hit on her?" jungwon frowned.

"thanks for the invite, intak! but i don't think-" "you don't have to think. come on, it's a one-time-experience you'll never forget, won't you?" "i guess so? look, i'll think about it. there's still time till the festival, so if you excuse me now.." yerin tried to get past him, but intak didn't even budge.

"yerin, hey hey hey, stop right there. look, if you go with me, then-" "she said no, can't you hear properly?" jay stood right behind intak, glancing angrily at him. "stop putting your ego first, does it hurt you so bad when a girl rejects you?" yerin quickly went to the table, it was uncomfortable to her to gain attention.

"are you okay?", sunoo worriedly asked her, which she responded to with a nod.

next thing she knew, a loud thump echoed through the cafeteria, causing some of the students to gasp.

𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗋 。゚☆:
don't forget to vote and leave a comment if you liked it!! <3