𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾

"good morning, everyone!", yerin beamed happily as she entered the class. "you're way too happy. is this the same yerin we met like two days ago?", sunghoon grinned. "shut up!" she hit him lightly on the shoulder.

"you seem like you had a good morning!", jungwon showed his thumbs up as he watched his sister walk towards the group. but to his surprise, jake already grabbed her by her arm, making her sit in jay's seat immediately. "i did! someone already surprised me with a rose in front of my door. look!"

yerin pulled out the red rose out of her backpack. "wah, it's pretty!" sunoo was astounded. jake, who sat behind yerin, tried to hide his little grin in her hood.

just then, jay entered the class. he looked different than usual: his hair was done and he wore his uniform properly. he really looked like a rich man's son. as he went to his seat, he saw yerin still holding the rose in her hand.

"move.", he simply ordered. "jay, you shouldn't order a girl around like that.", jake said. the other boy pretended he didn't even listen and repeated his order. yerin went back to her seat quickly, looking at jay kn confusion.

the old jay is back, huh?

jungwon stood up: "stop being so moody, jay. yerin is still our friend, let your anger out on somebody else, please." the brother patted his sister's shoulder lightly, reassuring her that it's fine what was going on.

jay sat down without further comment.

———

after school, jake already stood by the gates, waiting for yerin to get off of her class. when he spotted her, he immediately waved like a maniac, a big smile plastered on his face.

yerin waved back shyly, approaching him: "don't tell me you waited for me!" "of course i did!"

"you didn't have to, you know mister kim always ignores the bell and overruns time. i left ten minutes later than usual!"

"it's not your fault. we also have all the time in the word!"

"stop dreaming, you fool!", yerin chuckled, "i'll go ahead. i think i need to change clothes, otherwise it will be uncomfortable to sit down on a blanket with a skirt on."

just then, jake took off his jacket and fastened it around her waist. "i have more blankets in case you're cold. are you feeling better now?" "thanks! i appreciate it."

"sunghoon said he'll prepare everything at the park, we're just supposed to get there soon." "really? that's quite nice of him!"

both of them were giggling and joking around before they got onto jake's motorcycle.

what they didn't know was that jay stood there too, watching them with pain in his heart. he knew he shouldn't feel that way, he missed the opportunity and wasn't in the right position to stop jake from hitting on yerin.

if only he could turn back time.

———

once they arrived, yerin gasped surprised, "you really crossed the line! seriously, you didn't have to put so much effort in this! sunghoon neither." jake only chuckled, patting her head:

"only the best for the little princess."

sunghoon arranged everything quite prettily: a large blanket, a basket filled with sandwiches and a coffee flavoured cake, vanilla milk and even tableware. "you even chose the spot under the cherry blossom tree!"

yerin was as excited as a little child and immediately ran towards the picnic. jake followed her along, giggling at the girl's behaviour: "slow down a bit! the food won't run away from you!"

in the end, jake and yerin spent a lot of quality time there. the food was already finished, they watched the sunset together and talked about everything that was on their mind. it has gotten cooler by now, the moon was shining brightly above them while she laid her head on his shoulder, admiring the sky.

"i couldn't thank you enough for today. you seriously cheered me up in the best way possible!", yerin exclaimed. "this is no big deal. i am just really glad you had so much fun.", jake replied, "it's getting late, yerin. want me to drop you off?"

"i think i want to stay over at the dorm tonight.", she suddenly said.

"are you sure? i honestly don't know if you want to see jay."

"what do you mean?"

"i can tell it's awkward between you two. weren't you also the one who said jay and you shouldn't see each other for a while?"

"you've got a point. it's just.. i would really love to tell jungwon about my day, play around with ni-ki and jokingly fight with sunghoon again. being in a conflict with one occupant shouldn't keep me away from the dorm. it's still home to me and nobody likes to be away from home, jake."

"i understand. your mind literally amazes me every time, yerin. i admire you a lot.", jake smiled at her, "alright, i'll take you with me."

———

𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗋 。゚☆:
is this?? becoming?? a jake story??