Jackson

Hey guys!! I am going to update the whole story now. Comment or text me (idm either) and lemme know if you want me to put up the next part. I'll attach a short part of it at the end and you can tell me if you want me to post the rest (imma doing it anyways, but for the sake of formalities😜). Have a good read and a very Happy Women's Day!! 2022 has been such a great year!!

PS:- A cup of coffee might help you keep the suspense down in the next book. 

"Going on an adventure," said a familiar voice. "Without me?"

"Jackson!" Jessica cried as the figure came into view. "What are you doing here?"

"Spying on you!" he replied. "Why were you going without me?"

"There wasn't your name in the book!" Chancy said. "So, we didn't call you!"

"But the black time or whatever it is didn't affect me, did it?"

"Maybe his name was the scribbled one!" Jessica said logically.

"You're right we should have called you!" Lucinda said calmly. "But can we get going now?"

"Yes!" Jackson replied, climbing on a Pegasus.

"Wait!" Lucinda said, sounding alarmed. "Maybe we should take some weapon!"

"Why?" Ethan asked.

"'Remember hurdles will always be there because opening it is easier than closing.'" Jessica recounted.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come there!" Jackson said logically.

"Fine!" Lucinda said making another whale noise and holding her Pteripi tight. Before they knew it, they embarked on a short but beautiful journey.

"This is brilliant!" Jessica cried shuddering as they reached a height. "It's hard to believe that it is actually happening!"

They landed on an icy surface where the horses collapsed due to the slippery surface and they all landed with a thud on the ice sheet.

"Why didn't any one of us think to bring thick clothes?" Chancy said shivering from the cold. "Aren't you feeling cold?" she added looking at Lucinda, who had just one shawl around her neck.

"No! This magical gift from my aunt!" Lucinda said flatly. "But you are going to feel colder!"

"Why?" Chancy asked. "Isn't this much enough?"

"We have to break this ice shield and swim inside this icy cold water!" Jessica said looking inside the water. "And your blessing won't work in water Lucinda!"

"I know!" Lucinda replied looking at the sheet of ice. "Jessica, give me the bottle Jillian gave you!"

"Here-" Jessica said giving her a bottle with glittering liquid.

"It's mermaid potion, enough for all seven of us, to become merpeople for thirty minutes," Lucinda said examining the bottle.

"Thank god, at least that way we won't feel cold," Ethan said sounding relieved.

"Come on, we don't have time!" Lucinda said taking out some in the cap of the bottle and giving it to Jackson first. "You will transform when your skin touches the water. Drink it and give me back the cap."

After everyone had drunk, Lucinda emptied the bottle by taking out the liquid in the cap of the bottle.

"There is very little left for you!" Jessica said looking at the bottle cap in which Lucinda had taken out the potion for herself.

"It's enough for twenty minutes," she said drinking the potion. "Come on, at the count of three, everyone, jump twice at your place. This ice sheet looks weak."