The Cold Water

That night, Lucinda decided to visit Jackson before going to sleep.

Lucinda had a very strong feeling that Jackson had been given the topmost room. She walked inside the elevator and pressed the button with the number 'twenty' written on it. This time she was ready. Her stomach lurched only the tiniest bit. The doors opened and a window came to her sight. She looked around and found the name Christoff Core on one room label.

It took her a moment to realize that Christoph was Jackson's real name as their names had changed.

She knocked on the door. After a few seconds it opened and there stood Jackson with a busy expression. It took him a moment to realize that it was Lucinda. "Hey Lucy!" he said looking at her dress. "You look beautiful!"

"Thank you Jackson!" she replied. "May I come in?"

"Yes of course! Come in!"

She stepped in the room. It looked a lot like her own room. She glanced around. She realized that Devin was sitting on Jackson's bed.

"Devin! What's that?" she asked.

"Nothing! Just got injured!" he replied showing his right hand's wrist which was wrapped inside her left hand's palm.

"Oh! No!" Lucinda cried moving forward to check the wound. She sat in front of him and gently placed his right palm in his left palm. It was covered in blood.

"It's fine!" Devin replied taking his hand away.

"No, it's not!" Lucinda said firmly, examining the wound. She slowly placed Devin's hand on her dress.

"Your dress, Lucinda!" Devin warned as the blood ran down his wrist on Lucinda's dress.

"Well, you're in luck, I had just made an ointment used for injures and don't worry about my dress. Here-" she said taking out a small ampul (vial) from her purse. "this should cure this." She uncapped the ampul and took few drops of what looked like a thick liquid, in her hands. "this might burn a bit-" she broke off as she realized Devin was staring at her. "What?" she asked surprised, in a low whisper.

"Nothing! It's just, we were friends before your memory was erased." Devin replied in the same tone and looked at his wound. Lucinda applied the ointment and tied a bandage. "I did find you familiar looking! Well you'll be fine!"

"Wow! Miss Core! You did it!" came a high-pitched excited voice. Lucinda turned. There she saw a male angel zooming in the air.

"This is my angel!" Devin introduced as the angel sat on his shoulder.

"And this is mine!" Lucinda spoke as Azalea sat on her wrist.

"You!" said Devin's angel shrilly. "She deserves better."

"You! If I had got you, I would have stamped on you at the first chance I had got!" Azalea replied angrily flying towards Devin's angel.

"Everyone just calm down, okay? Azalea?" Lucinda commanded standing up. "And Jackson, where is the bathroom, my hands are burning like mad!" she said gazing down at her hands where she had taken out the ointment.

"You want water?" asked Devin's angel.

"Yes!" Lucinda replied.

The angel rushed and brought a glass of water.

"Thanks!" Lucinda appreciated as the angle came close to her.

"You are welcome!" replied the angel spilling the glass of cold water on her hairs.

"Oh no!" Jackson cried and hurried forward to help. Devin did the same but Lucinda showed a hand to stop him.

"I am sorry Lucinda!" he apologized while his angel danced in triumph.

"I did it master!" he shouted proudly.

"What! You told him to spill water on me?"

"No! He is lying! Tell the truth!"

"I am telling the truth! I cannot lie!" the angel sang.

"YOU RUINED MY HAIRSTYLE, MY DRESS, AND MY HAIR!" she narrowed her eyes at the angel and before no time, the angel started squealing in pain. And to everyone's surprise, everything around her started rising a few inches from the floor. And in a few seconds, she turned the direction of her gaze and everything banged on the floor. She was breathing hard. "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! I AM GOING COME ON AZALEA!" from the look on Azalea's face it felt like she was too scared to disobey. Lucinda walked out of the door in an angry manner.

"Lucinda stop! Please!" Jackson pleaded. He tried to follow her but as she stepped out of the room, the door slammed shut. And after Jackson opened the door, she had vanished. Devin however was gazing at the door.

"Gone!" Jackson yelled. "What do we do now?"

"Oh, she'll come around!" stated Devin's angel.

"You don'ttalk!" Jackson yelled. "She ran because of you!"