Vibrating Jinx

Thank you very much guys for this!!

"I am not telling you to be scared; I am telling you to stop calling her "blobfish!"

"I'll think about that!" Jackson said in a boring voice.

"Fine, next time I won't mutter a counter jinx!" Lucinda said standing up and walking to her room.

The next day, they had free for completing their assignments. Lucinda and Jessica were enjoying as they had completed all their work and were exploring the place whereas Jackson was bound to spend time in his room racking his brain for answers to the questions asked by their teachers. At 4O' clock, when Jessica and Lucinda returned from their small trip, Jackson had still not completed making his wand.

"Just mix the materials! How hard could that be?"

"Shut up blob fish!" Jackson said but from the look on Lucinda's face he added. "I mean, Jessica!"

"Good, now have this-" she said handing him a bottle full of shimmering liquid.

"What's this?" Jackson asked looking at the bottle suspiciously.

"Unicorn blood!" Lucinda said. "You wanted to mix the fire wand with the wand used for earth magic."

"How did you possibly figure that out?"

"I know you were going to quite that combination-" she said eyeing the book of hard wand combinations which he was reading. "Come on now, I have brought Griffin hair too. Let's go to duel class."

They rushed to the dining hall. The tables had gone. The hall looked comparatively bigger.

"I don't know a thing about duelling!" Jackson said sadly.

"Just perform the spells you have learnt. Easy-peasy."

"What is easy in this?"

"What is hard in this? Just believe in yourself and it's done!" Jessica said confidently. "You can do it. After all, we don't have to use wands in this."

"Yeah, you are right!"

They were taught duelling by the queens themselves.

At first, Lucinda was duelling with a girl, Laney, who looked older than her. But after shooting three hexes continuously at her, the queens paired her with Layla.

First Lucinda shot a fire spell from the end of her forefinger and a yellow light escaped her finger and marched towards Layla. But Layla, with a snap, exchanged places with Lucinda. When Lucinda saw her own spell approaching her, she made a very strong ice shield; so strong that the spell rebounded. Again, Layla used the place exchanging spell but Lucinda, with one stare, deflected the spell, broke her own ice shield that was protecting Layla and Layla stumbled back and they stared right into each other's eyes and all the heads turned to watch them. The wind started blowing inside through the castle's window. The temperature dropped. The ground started shaking. But those girls continued to stare into each other's eyes. There were two silver shields in the air. Both of them were fighting and struggling to break the other shield.

"Miraculous!" cried the queen called Rayne.

"Amazing!" said the other queen. "Girls, this is just a normal duel, you are taking it too seriously."

Hearing this, the girls stopped staring at each other.

"You were great! I mean brilliant. Deflecting spells, ice shields, so amazing!" Jackson complimented on their way to the rooms.

"Thanks!" Lucinda said in a tired voice.

"Are you all right?" Jackson asked

"Yeah fine, I feel very wary," Lucinda said struggling to keep her eyes open. "Invigoratus!" she cried and she looked like her body had been suddenly filled with energy. "Don't try to hex me, dear Vienna. You won't be able to!" she said turning to a girl with snow-white skin.

What are you comments on the story?