Kobalos

"Yeah, just introduction, Hickinbottom." he said in a trembling voice. "Now back on Griffins. They are strong...."

The rest of the class passed studying Griffins and several interruptions by Mr. Hickinbottom.

After lunch, they went back. This time they had to study Kobalos. They were highly mischievous creatures.

"The Kobalos are mischievous creatures fond of tricking and frightening mortals!" said the teacher. The Kobalos were locked in a big cage. They looked a bit like a monkey and a bit like a human.

"There must be a dozen of them in there," said Jackson pointing at the cage.

"Yes...." Lucinda agreed, looking at the Kobalos struggling to get out of the cage. And before they knew, the cage had broken and the Kobalos came jumping towards them. And before she realized it, she had taken out her wand at muttered something so fast that all of the Kobalos were locked in an invisible cage. They tried to get out but failed.

"Who did that?" asked the teacher suspiciously.

"Me...." Lucinda said nervously. "I am sorry, I know, I should not have done that but it just sort of-"

"It was brilliant! I have never seen someone making so powerful shield on their first lesson!" he cried looking at the struggling Kobalos. "Can I see your wand?" he added turning towards her.

Lucinda nodded nervously handing her wand to him. He took it with great care. "Holy cricket! It's made up of Madagascar tree wood, Ceraster horn, dragon tail hair, few amazing herbs and....... what is the last ingredient?" he asked giving her back her wand.

"My blood...." she said in a tiny voice.

"Smart.... very smart. Your own blood so that no one else could use it.... brilliant!" he said cheerfully.

The lesson passed studying Kobalos. At the end of the lesson, all of them were covered in scratches.

At dinner, again, Lucinda was not present which made Jessica worried.

"She'll be fine!" Jackson said. "Don't you act like she is just a child?"

"Yeah because she is taking risks to get power! Dangerous risks," she added, leaving the table.

But Lucinda was not present even at the breakfast and Jackson, tired of Jessica's theory, agreed to visit her.

They had to knock for five minutes before the door opened. And it was Azalea who opened it. She was yawning and looked tired. "What do you want?" she asked in a tired voice.

"We want to see Lucinda if she is there," Jessica said in a worried voice.

"She's here but not conscious."