bits of memories; the end.

"Mom" Megumi muttered under his breath as he curled up into a fetal position.

It had already been 10 years since it happened, yet the thoughts of his mother never left him.

What did she do? Did she call out for him? Would it be different if he was with her? Alas, he could only cry. She had no photos in the house, not one single picture of her face. Just the woman who had given birth to him, his biological mother.

He knew he shouldn't speak ill of his biological mother, but y/n was truly the only one to be there for him. Sadly, the remaining memories of her were starting to fade away, he could no longer remember what she looked like, how warm it was to hug her, her voice. It's as if she was nothing more than a hallucination, a delusion.

Well, the only memory that he could recollect of her was when she was bruised, injuries covering her arms, legs as her eyes were tired with huge bags under them, her hair tangled. No matter how bruised she was, to Megumi, she was still the same beautiful woman that did nothing but love and cater for him, despite his father's foolishness.

Slowly, he drifted into slumber.

"Megumi" a faint voice called out, opening his eyes as his surroundings have changed. A woman in front of him,
Her skin was glowing, her hair well-maintained. She was beautiful yet Megumi could not recognize her but her presence was familiar.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten who I am" she chuckled, getting near Megumi as he was hesitant.

"Mom?" He stuttered, he meant to call for her but it came more of like a question like he was unsure.

"Oh my, you've grown so tall" she exclaimed, standing in front of him as she brought her hand to his cheek, caressing it with her thumb. Regret is washing over her face as tears pour down her cheeks.

"Ahh, you grew up to be like your father, so handsome" her voice faltering.

"If only I had lived long enough to see you grow into such a nice boy, in contrast to your father that is" she giggled yet the sadness in her voice did not disappear.

Megumi kept quiet, his heart aching to hug her but he hesitated, would she disappear again if he did? He was scared, the feeling of vulnerability just as when he was still a small child.

"I'm sorry Megumi, if I had not been selfish, you wouldn't have to live your life this way" her arms were wrapped around his neck as she rubbed the back of Megumi's neck, how she would when she lulled him to sleep.

"I'm sorry," she said once more, her form fading as Megumi desperately clung onto her, finally having the courage to spit out the words he wanted to say.

"Don't leave me again" he whimpered as it broke y/n's heart, it had reminded her of herself when she was still married to Toji, her desperation.

"I won't, just trust me okay?" She smiled as Megumi finally woke up.

Panting, he looked around to see his room once again as tears were still evident in the brim of his eyes.

He was alone once again, but the familiar warm presence his mother gave off filled the room; as if she was there with him.

This isn't as sad, but just some closure fic. I didn't go too rough on the angst this time
:p

The sequel was cancelled cuz I felt like things needed to be left unsaid, or whatever. Anyways I hope y'all like it mwah. :> xoxo