15

heaven's gate

heaven's gate

episode: 15

her head laid on his chest as she could hear his subtle heartbeat, it was somewhat peaceful that contrasts with his cold deception. her mind was full of thoughts, all have different opinions about how affectionate he was now. she still couldn't trust him, she was thankful for him trying to change but it was all too much for her to process.

after seeing his effort to make amends, was the thought of leaving him make her the villain now? being so selfish, she did not want to let him go. she was aware of the destruction of her being but, she couldn't let him go. so needy to receive the love he had kept for his first wife, why couldn't anyone love her as he had with her?

it hurts

"toji, you love me now. right?" she asked, looking up as she met with his eyes.

he sighed as he gently pushed her off his lap, making y/n's face disorient as she tried to make herself appear as tough.

of course, she had to ruin the mood.

"you love me right? t-that's why you're hugging me, right?" she tried again, tears running down her cheeks.

again, staying silent was the only option he had. he couldn't directly answer her question, he couldn't decide on his own if this was out of love or pity.

"damn it" she muttered, biting her bottom lip, inflicting pain to stop herself from breaking down.

her breathing began to get heavier, everything that surrounded her made her feel anxious as if it were mocking her. unable to leave a loveless marriage, she can freely walk out on them but chose not to, still desperately clinging onto the chance of being loved dearly by a man that doesn't want her.

sweat began building upon her forehead as she stood up promptly, running away from the burdening eyes that crept throughout her body. to escape it which she can never achieve as toji followed her action, following after her as she pushed him away, tears continuously gushing out of her eyes.

"n-no.... go away!" she cried, fleeing from the house, with no sort of footwear as toji remembered Megumi from the other room as he quickly slipped on slippers and knocked on a neighbors door.

an old woman appeared as he smiled at toji, noticing his shaken expression.

"hi, can you please take care of my son? I just need to pick up my wife" he asked as the lady silently agreed.

the woman, who walked inside their house as toji began to scan where she ran off but already lost her. asking people who walked by as they all directed him in the same direction.

the sun was slowly setting, still searching for her as he cursed himself out. reaching a wooded area near a bridge as he heard small sobs, walking towards it as they got louder until finally, he saw y/n leaning over the bridge, who sat down underneath a pillar that supported the bridge as her feet were noticeably bruised, filled with scratches and minor injuries as her eyes were puffed up.

her head turned in his direction, noticing his presence as she slowly shook her head, standing up but fell due to the injuries she had sustained.

"no- please, just leave me alone" she begged him, ignoring her plea.

walking towards her as her sobs only got louder.

"y/n, calm down. just let me help you" he said as she muttered inaudibly.

"damn it!" she yelled, pulling her hair as she quickly covered her face with her irritated hands

lifting herself as she held the railings of the bridge, backing away from toji.

"y/n, come here. let's talk about this" toji bargained.

"Why won't anyone stay with me? I tried being a perfect daughter, become what men want, and even became a mother to her child" she wailed, stepping further to the faulty bridge as toji stepped closer to her yet remained in a distance.

"nobody wants to stay with me" she broke down, depending on the rails to support her weight as she was unable to.

"I'm sorry toji" she muttered, the wood creaking beneath her feet.

"I was naive enough to think I could replace her"

"y/n, please. come to me," he said as she only stepped further away from him.

taking one last final breath, her vision blurring as the last thing she felt was her falling as toji yelled out her name.

memories flashed before her eyes as she could only recall painful ones.

perhaps, this could all have been resolved if she hadn't turned to death that quickly.