09

conflictepisode: 09

conflict
episode: 09

the room was now tidied up, everything was back to their places as toji sigh. using cleaning as a distraction from the letters he examined previously as he eventually exits the room to see megumi sitting on y/n's lap as his face was nuzzled on her chest. her hands wrapped around his small frame as she pats his back.

toji was stunned, he never once saw megumi this affectionate, not even to him. toji was certain that y/n was a good mother, regretful at how he 'mistreated' her throughout their marriage.

grabbing his towel as he walked over to the bathroom. locked the door, and stepping into the shower as he turned it on and setting it to a cold temperature. washing his body with a light floral scented soap as he rubbed it all over his body, y/n filling up his mind as he grunted.

he was slowly starting to understand why she wanted to leave him but he let on denying it, it made him feel regretful. it was an unusual feeling, he never felt an ounce of remorse towards his victims yet why?

after changing into new clothes, he started making lunch, although it was a bit late than their usual schedule.
it was a thorough dish, cream of mushroom stew with potatoes aside.

stirring in all the ingredients onto the pot as he lowered in the potatoes, which were cut into bite-size pieces for megumi. laying the lid on top of the pot as he gawked at y/n, her mannerism was odd. she was fidgety, her eyes were always looking down whilst playing with megumi. her lips would always twitch as she would try to peel the end of the bandage wrapped over her arms.

checking back to the pot as he stirred it gently, not wanting to smash the potatoes. having a small sip as he realized it was ready, turning off the flames as he placed the pot on the previously placed coaster on the table. bringing in bowls and spoons as he sets them all on the table.

"it's time to eat" he called out as both of them made their way to the table.

y/n sat down as megumi followed beside her, both being served stew by toji as he filled their bowls to the brim. pulling a chair next to y/n as he lifted her spoon, filling it with soup as he fed her. taking big bites now and then as they both assist megumi.

y/n was conflicted, she couldn't understand him. why would he pretend to give a shit after those years of neglect? was it one of his mind games? a spoon was lifted to her lips, distracting her from her thoughts and focused on eating what toji had offered her.

the sky was already dark, y/n who kissed megumi's forehead as a goodnight making him blush faintly.
tucking him in as she entered her room, about to close the door but was stopped by a hand reaching out to her. opening it up again as she was met with toji, curious about what he might have to say.

"I'm sleeping here tonight" he announced, making y/n feel odd.

"But why?" she asked, almost immediately.

"I just want to" he shrugged, not wanting to let her know the real reason, which was to guard over her in case she might do something again.

letting him in as he entered, she laid down first as he followed. it was awkward, to say the least, they had never been caught being together like this before. At their wedding, toji never kissed her, as he was still suffering from his wife's demise.

come to think of it, toji never had a valid reason as to why he left their wedding earlier. she didn't even have the chance to wear her wedding dress now that he could recall it. he looked at her, whose back was facing him as he started understanding all the emotions she had during that day. choosing to sleep it off once again, allowing time to do it's thing.

y/n however was sleepless, overthinking about what she wanted to do next, with toji sleeping beside her causing her difficulty. she sighs, plucking the skin off her fingers, trying to calm herself down. who knows what toji could've seen inside her room, the letters, the portraits of him. she had good intentions but will he think differently of her now?

but, he never showed interest in her anyway so why would she be anxious? he only started caring when she harmed herself, does he care? what was she gonna do, she didn't want to have megumi behind.
why did it have to be now!

her heart plummeted into a fast pace as she couldn't keep up with it, making her a bit lightheaded and vulnerable. her lips quiver as she lets out a shaky breath, her chest tightening. tears slowly stream down her face as she made sure to keep it quiet, at least enough for toji to not hear.

wiping her tears away with her hands, making her cheeks wet as she broke down. she was struggling to contain her sobs, covering her lips with her hands as she buried her face onto her pillow. covering herself with the shared blanket, holding it for comfort as toji felt a nudge from the tugging.

faint sniffles could be heard as it woke toji up slowly, looking around as his vision finally cleared up. turning his head to y/n's direction to see her face carved onto her pillow. shaking her gently as he pulled her off it, making her look at him. her eyes were ruddy, telling him she's been crying for a while now.

"Hey what happened?" he asked, slightly combing her ruffled hair as she slapped his hand away.

"it's nothing just...just go back to sleep" she sobbed, laying on her side, her back faced to him as he laid down.
processing what she just said.