01

reluctanceepisode: 01

reluctance
episode: 01

ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍɪɴɢʟʏ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇɢᴀɴ

♱ the sweet rhythm of music played throughout the confined space where she hid, trembling as she hid her face between the gap of her bruised knees

the sweet rhythm of music played throughout the confined space where she hid, trembling as she hid her face between the gap of her bruised knees.

tears running down her face, struggling to keep her cries in, picking the crust from her fingertips trying to relieve her anxiety.

the chilling hymn filled the room with a slight vintage pinch that she wasn't familiar with yet offered her much-needed comfort nonetheless.
under her lied a bag filled with items as well as jewellery for when she lacked money.

she couldn't bear the mistreatment anymore, leading her to the brink of insanity day by day having to accept the fact that she was not her. earning dirty scowls and being mocked on by women from the neighbourhood; being scolded by her husband: not being a good mother: and most of all, not being able to replace her.

she was sick of it, no one acknowledged her hard work to tolerate her husband's behaviour, how she fed his son or when she washed their clothes and desperately made an effort to fix their relationship but those were all in vain because they couldn't move on from her; because she wasn't her.

she burst into pits of sobs desperately crying out for her husband, who once never acknowledged her. her son who didn't even spare her a loving glance, not even once. why couldn't she be her?

she had to move quickly, being well-aware of what her husband does for a living she knew she had no chance of winning against him once he had caught up to her. she hastily picked up her belongings as her knees jerked slightly but were not enough to stop her, finally twisting the knob open as the wind blew in her direction, causing a shiver down her spine as she smiled. thinking that she was finally free, but watchful eyes looked down at her with a disgruntled expression on his face, forbearing her childish behaviour.

not wasting any more time, he jumped on the ground as rubbish flew at the sudden wind pressure exerted by him. walking in her direction as her body physically froze, unable to run nor hide from the fear that he inflicted in her, her minds filled with countless thoughts yet they all said the same thing. to run.

just as she was snapped out of her paralysed state her legs kicked to run away, going in the opposite direction as he had already caught up to her. his hand tightly wrapped around her wrist, motioning his irritation with what she was plotting.

"let me go" she desperately yelped out as he rolled his eyes in response, not caring if it was bringing her to discomfort.

"what are you doing here? aren't you supposed to be with megumi? why did you leave him alone?" he asked, exploding with questions concerning his son as she finally pries his hand off her wrist. murky marks could be seen painted on her skin where he had grabbed her.

"i-i can't do this anymore, divorce me if you want. I want to leave" she reasoned but her complaints were often too gaslighted.

"you're not going anywhere" he whispered in her face.

"Please, just let me go" she yearned.

"I provide you with a home, food on the table and pay the electric bills. what else do you want?" he yelled at her as she could only whimper in response, finding it pointless to clarify herself to him.

"maybe I'm just not cut out to be a mother" she mumbled, making toji quiet.

"enough, let's go" he spoke up, looking down as you can only nod. praying once again that someday, you will be blessed with another opportunity to escape this life that was chosen for you.

_____________

ꪻꫝꫀ ᠻ꠸᥅ᦓꪻ ᥴꫝꪖρꪻꫀ᥅ ꪮᠻ ꪻꫝ꠸ᦓ ꫝꫀꪶꪶ ꫝꪮꪶꫀ ꪮᠻ ꪖ ᦓꪻꪮ᥅ꪗ.

ꪶꫀꪻ ꪑꫀ ᛕꪀꪮ᭙ ᭙ꫝꪖꪻ ꪗꪮꪊ ꪻꫝ꠸ꪀᛕ!
___________