10

confrontations episode: 10

confrontations
episode: 10

the sun had already greeted their mornings, preparing breakfast, cleaning the house, doing the laundry. it was bothersome to do chores but he had to compromise, y/n who was peacefully sleeping refused to get up, not wanting to face toji once again.

y/n was kept awake by her constant thoughts popping into her mind, making her delusional; in a way. toji allowed her to sleep more, it isn't going to get better if he was too stingy with her, at least that's what he believes. y/n never shared anything with toji regarding her health and whatnot but then again, he was never really interested when she would tell him something in the first place. everything y/n was been suffering from is caused by him, deciding to grow a conscience when the damage was already done.

but perhaps, there was still a slim chance he might make it up to her. maybe she's better off running away, but in such a vulnerable state he couldn't allow her to. building a bond with megumi, it was hard to set her free. if he wasn't so careless all those years ago, he still would've had the same woman that fell in love with him despite his shortcomings. he had to drag someone so powerless as her to his level, a no one.

taking her place of doing the errands wasn't enough to ease her suffering, what did he need to do to hopefully get her back again? he was aware this meant moving on from his previous lover, he was still skeptical but he knew he had to move on with his life somehow. holding onto the past destroyed him.

sitting down on the sofa as megumi played with his toys on the ground.
y/n was kept isolated yet once again, her wounds were still in the process of healing but she was doing good maintaining it in good condition.
using this extra time to think about himself, what to do.

he traced over the scar on his thigh, it was barely visible as it reminded him who nursed him back to health.

"toji! what happened?" y/n asked, rushing to give him a hand but was only pushed away by toji, sitting down on a chair as she bit her bottom lip and grabbed the medkit.

opening it as she started doing her thing, quite professionally actually.

toji, who had a disapproving look on his face yet allowed her to continue, groaned when she dabbed alcohol-covered cotton on the injury but still behaved.

"you didn't have to do his" he spoke out as y/n looked at him, fluttering her eyelashes as bad as she smiled.

"you're my husband" she replied, making toji stop for a moment and nodded slowly.

it was a chilling feeling, he did not expect her to answer in that way. to what point did she love him?

he sighs to himself, confused as to why he would do that. it was a small memory but he somehow cherished it throughout the years that they were married. walking up to her room, hovering against the door as he finally knocked, getting no response as he tried again. the door slowly opening as it creaked, revealing a slight glimpse of y/n as he came in.

"what is it?" her weak raspy voice called out, sitting on the edge of the bed as she looked at him.

"you can't keep isolating yourself in here," he said, walking to the windows and dragging the curtains off the glass as rays reached the room.

"well, why do you care?" she snapped, making toji turn around and look at her. he was shocked, to say the least, but illustrated a bored expression.

walking up to her as she slowly cowered away, sitting next to her. she closed her eyes, her arms protecting her face as she was met up with a gentle rub on the head. opening her eyes slowly as she saw toji's tiny smile.

"you're right, I'm sorry," he said, making y/n tear up.

she was lost, why was he so nice to her? he had never been like this, so her reactions to his affection were always odd. toji, who looked at y/n noticing her tears as he leaned down, making them face each other.

"what's wrong?" he asked, and that was it, finally breaking down. overwhelmed with so many emotions.

toji never asked that before, it felt so warm and genuine. she couldn't comprehend it, looking into toji's eyes as tears fall off her face.

"w-why are you so nice to me?" she asked, making toji silent.

how badly did he treat this woman, to the extent of crying at a damned question?

nudging her head towards his shoulder as he stroked the back of her head, combing through her face as tears stained his shirt. as for y/n, she was only confused, why does he have to pretend as he cares? she believed this was some facade he created to get her to work again, she couldn't trust him.

pushing him away with tears in the brim of her eyes, scooting away from him as her hands shook with anxiety.

"you're a liar! you're just pretending, you don't care about me! i-it was always your previous wife wasn't it?" she cried out, struggling to stand up with her weakened legs, causing her to drop stuff from her nightstand as toji stood up, trying to get near her as she dropped to the floor, backing up from him.

"y/n, calm down" he started as y/n shook her head.

"It was never about me, you liar!" she yelled, her throat sore from her raspy crying.

"y/n please, megumi's in the other room. he can hear us" he reasoned to her.

catching her off guard as he swooped her into his arms, hugging her whole frame as she was unable to fight back.
making her cries louder as she cursed him out.

"w-why don't you love me?" she whimpered, sobs erupting from her throat as toji couldn't respond.

"i-i was the one who took care of megumi, took care of the house, did everything you told me to. why won't you love me?" she cried, resting her head on his shoulder, still not getting a response.

"w-why won't you look at me with a warm smile like w-when you look at her?" she continued, her voice began to decline as she could only groan. her throat had already dried up and was sore.

plopping on top of him as he carefully carried her over to the bed, tucking her in as she turned away from him. her eyes were puffy and red, a kiss was pressed on her cheek but still, she was unfazed.

"I'm sorry" toji whispered, for once, deciding to stay with her.