12

sincerityepisode: 12

sincerity
episode: 12

a grunt broke out from his sealed lips as he crossed his legs, his arm treading on the armrest. notable people standing before him as they toil to clarify the harassment of his wife, they were all bowed down on the ground with their heads low offering him what seems to be the tenth apology.

"w-were very sorry!" an uncertain voice spoke up as toji set his foot down, making them startle.

"I don't recall wanting an apology, I asked why you were taunting my wife!" he roared, making the space crowded with people go silent.

"Please let us go, just this once" a woman cried out as toji sighed, getting weary of their plea.

standing up as they could only tremble beneath his feet, glaring at them with a sharp gaze.

"if I hear her cry again, you all will pay with your lives" he threatened but received a hush yes from the crowd as he walked away, not sparing them another glance.

his head hung low as he stared at the stone pavement, deciding where to head next. after reading all the letters she wrote for him, he had started to collect and fix the issues she was dealing with.

pulling out his wallet, which was stuffed with money. he lost count of how much he had, shoving it back on his wallet as he began his trip to the main city. strolling past shops until a particular one catches his eye.

jabbing the door open as a bell rung, the walls were colored in a pastel palette as a cool light washed over the interior.

"welcome" a middle-aged lady greeted, who was in formal attire.

leading him onto the stools as his eyes searched for a ring.

"what were you looking for?" she asked, as toji's eyes leveled with hers.

"a ring, for my wife" he bluntly replied.

the lady smiled as wrinkles appeared from the action. she started displaying their wide selection of rings, toji was oblivious to the options but was thankfully guided with the woman's help.

toji never gave her an official ring, nor did he give himself to her solely. y/n had never spoken up on this matter, she had always remained silent to the point where even toji noticed.

though he never complained about it, the last thing he needs was getting nagged at. something so compelling would always pull toji towards her but still, he turned it down. causing him to ignore her completely.

'what would she like?' he asked himself, deeply regretting not paying attention to her interest.

"what about this one?" the lady suggested a silver ring that had a small yet elegant diamond with a slight rose-y tint into it.

it was perfect, to him at least. it's simple but still binding on its own.

"I'll take it," he told as the lady nodded.

placing it on a velvet box as she wrapped it in pink crepe paper as gently sets it on a small bag.

"that purchase will be, 659205 yen" she sums up, pulling out his wallet and threw the closest bills he could grasp on.

carefully counting the money as toji grabbed the bag and began to walk to the door, but was stopped by the saleswoman.

"you still have change" she reminded him, shrugging as a response.

"keep it," he said before departing.

thoughts fled to his mind, wondering if she would even approve of it. wandering off as he remembered megumi, deciding to bring him food home since he had been too lazy to cook today.

closing the front door as rushed footsteps made their way in his direction, revealing a small boy. he chuckled at megumi's unusual giddiness, walking over to the dining table as he sets down the food. placing the bag which contained the ring in a big place where megumi couldn't reach it.

"sit down bud, im gonna call y/n over," toji said, earning a nod from megumi.

snatching the bag as he made his way to her room, knocking on the door but was once again ignored. twisting the doorknob as he realized it was locked, knocking harsher on the door as he began to speak.

"y/n? please open the door" he said, but got no response.

a click could be heard on the other side, stepping inside carefully as the to seemed to be in good condition, although it wasn't hard to spot y/n's drastic transformation. she sat on her bed as he did, looking down at the floor with a dull look on her face.

"have you not been eating?"  he exclaimed, setting the bag on her nightstand.

she shook her head, making toji grunt
in frustration.

after a couple of minutes, he came back with food in his hands, carefully arranging it on top of her nightstand, where the bag resided. she reluctantly grabbed the burger, which was covered in paper as slowly unwraps it. taking a small bite as she struggled to swallow it.

after taking a few more bites, she placed it down as toji watched her.

" eat some more" he encouraged but she shook her head.

"im full" she faintly said as toji shook his head.

scooting near her as he grabbed the burger and made y/n face him.

"come on, you'll feel better," he said.

pursing her lips as toji sigh, finally pulling y/n onto his lap. squirming around as toji shushed her, bringing the burger up to her lips.

"if you eat it all, then you can get off," he said as she grabbed the burger back from him. mumbling random words as she took a big bite this time.

toji, who reached in and grabbed the fries and began eating, faint footsteps were slowly making their way to y/n's room as megumi stepped in with food in his hands, setting the fries aside as toji guided megumi up the bed without moving y/n from his lap, setting megumi's meal down as megumi sat next to them, or y/n to be exact.

picking up his fries and megumi began shoving them on his mouth, making y/n laugh at his behavior.

"don't laugh too much, you're gonna choke" toji advised her as she nodded, swallowing it all.

it felt nice to be close to toji but was still doubtful of his sincerity. a fry was jerked in front of her face as she looked at megumi, who was offering it to her. laughing at him as she took it, ruffling his hair.

toji, who grabbed the bag and handed it over to y/n, as she stared at it confused.

"what's this?" she asked as he shrugged.

opening it slowly, pulling out the paper as she was met with a velvet box. she felt her heart drop as she removed it from the box, gently opening it up as she saw a beautiful ring.