↳ 𝙁𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙨

The yellow flowers caught his eye as he walked through the grocery store. Gojo looked away, knowing he had no one to give flowers to. The only woman who he wanted to give flowers to, didn't want him any longer because of the mistake he made. But he understood. So he looked away from the flowers and repeated in his mind the list of things he needed from the grocery store: eggs, milk, bread, butter, cheese.

He repeated the list each time he grabbed an item that he needed. He had the milk and cheese in his basket, and he tried to fight his temptation of going to the candy aisle and picking a few sugary treats that would motivate him throughout his day. They motivated him throughout his day, so maybe it was worth it to grab a candy or two. So he grabbed two of his favorites and put them into the basket.

Due to his lack of attention he almost bumped into someone. He apologized to the person until he noticed who it was. A smirk came onto his lips, "Ms. Iori, how are you tonight?"

"Don't talk to me, don't look my way. Pretend you never saw me." She said as she walked past him. Gojo wasn't in the greatest mood to annoy people, so he thought to let it go. He grabbed his phone to check the time since he had a long night ahead, and the lockscreen made him want to chase after Utahime.

He stared at the picture for a minute or so before turning and walking down the aisle with the intention to find her. He found her within a minute and walked up to her. She looked unamused as Gojo approached her.

"What do you want?" She asked. "Didn't I tell you-"

"How is she? She told me you two were friends and I'm hoping you know how she's doing." He interrupted her. She sighed in response, and debated whether she should answer or not. She stayed quiet for longer than Gojo liked. "Please just let me know that she's okay."

She knew that he had hurt you somehow. Because she had noticed your phone ringing and text messages but you never answered either. Once she got a peek and it was him, she knew immediately that he had done something to hurt you. Because why would you ignore all his calls?

"What-" She began but then she realized that the topic of conversation wasn't the best to have while in the middle of a grocery store. "She's fine."

"Can you tell her that-" Gojo began before coming to a stop. He didn't know exactly what he wanted to tell you but he knew that what he needed to say had to come from his mouth. "Can you do me a favor?"

"How will I benefit from it?" She questioned. She didn't really want to help Gojo at all, because there had to be a reason as to why you left him. He clearly wanted you there. "First, what do you want me to do and I'll think about it."

"Could you give her-" He began, and once again the sunflowers caught his eye. He pointed at the bouquet. "I want to give her those flowers but I know she doesn't want to talk to me so could you give them to her from my part?"

"From what I can tell you did something to her, so why would I help you out?" She began. Gojo thought about his answer. And as he thought of something, they both heard the sound of a child throwing a tantrum which was a reminder that they were in the middle of the grocery store. Utahime let out a long sigh. "I'll help you. Buy the flowers and I'll give them to her but don't you ever expect anything else from me."

-

"I'm home!" Utahime yelled as she walked into her home. You walk outside of the room you were staying at to greet her. You gave her a smile as you took a couple of the plastic bags from her hand. Before you got to say anything else, she walked out. You thought she had a couple other bags in her car.

While she got that, you got the groceries and put them in their respective place. She walked back in, and you weren't really paying attention to her, but she cleared her throat which caused you to look her way. She held a bouquet of sunflowers and you raised your eyebrow. "You got yourself flowers?"

"No, Gojo got you flowers." She responded. You blinked as you processed the words.

"Gojo?" You raised your eyebrow and she nodded. You walked over towards her and looked at the flowers, not taking them from her hand.

"We bumped into each other at the grocery store. He knows you don't want to see him, so he bought them and made me give them to you." She explained. You weren't sure if you wanted to take the flowers. "What did he do? Like you don't get mad at someone and ignore them if they did 'nothing'."

"You already don't like him, so I don't want to make things worse." You tried to smile at her as your eyes went back and forth between her face and the flowers. You took the flowers from her hand and debated if you wanted to throw them away. You walked towards the trash can and opened it. Just when you were about to throw it away, you stopped yourself.

You didn't throw away Hikari's orchid and he did worse than Gojo. The flowers were beautiful so you might as well keep them.

"You should still tell me. I don't think I can dislike Gojo more than I already do." She responded. You smiled at her and put the flowers down on the counter. You walked up to her and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you for worrying about me, but it's not a really big deal. At the end of the day, Gojo and I weren't dating so maybe I'm just really sensitive." You told her.

"So does this have to do with him being with other people? Because if it does, being mad is a completely understandable emotion. You aren't sensitive if he was clearly showing signs of being with you." She replied. You just smiled at her.

"You're right. He says that he wanted to be with me but I'm not so sure after what I saw." You said. You went back to putting away the groceries, the topic of conversation wasn't just as interesting anymore. "Anyways, what do you want for dinner?"

-

You're sitting in your office, eyes focused on the computer when there's an unexpected knock on your door. You're busy, already working on a case. No one made an appointment so it took you by surprise.

You got up from your chair and walked towards the door when there was another knock. Your eyes rolled, annoyed by this person's impatience. You open the door, wanting to close it right away at the image of your ex-husband.

"I got you flowers." He smiled, holding a vase with an arrangement. You sighed as you took them. You weren't able to shut the door on him before he walked into the office, so he welcomed himself in. "Can we talk?"

You weren't listening to him as you grabbed the note that was in between the arrangement. You opened it, immediately recognizing that it wasn't his handwriting. It was a handwriting you saw more than a hundred times since Gojo left a new note for you each morning.

"Leave my fucking office." You demanded, not even turning to look at him.

"After I got you flowers?" He responded.

"You forgot to take out the note, the flowers are clearly from Gojo." You said, which made his eyes widen. He didn't notice the note.

"Are you leaving me because you're in love with him?" He began, making you sigh.

"I'm leaving you because you treated me like shit. That simple, or are you forgetting about when I went out on my first date with Gojo, and I called you? You texted me that you were on a date." You replied. "That's not even the worst."

"Oh, so I'm the bad guy?" He said which caused you to turn to glare at him.

"You want to know something? Gojo is more of a man than you will ever be. Mentally and physically. You know when he picked up the phone and I was practically screaming? That was real, and I wasn't faking it, the way I faked it with you." You told him, and his eyes got wider. "And yes, I'm in love with him because he knows how to treat a woman right."

"Is that why he set you up on a date with your ex-husband?" He questioned.

"You must've said something to him. You must've done something because the Gojo I spent time with, would've never done this." You claimed. "Just get out of my office and never come near me again."

There was no point in attempting for the time being, so he walked out of your office. You opened the note again and read it. It was only five words but it meant so much to you and it made you want to cry

I'm sorry. I love you.