↳ 𝙈𝙧𝙨. 𝙏𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙠𝙖

You patiently waited, trying to see when Mr. Tanaka's wife would leave her car. You had followed her to a hotel, and that was enough to show that she was having an affair. You just needed a picture of her leaving her car and entering the place. It'd be perfect if you could catch her going in with the man, but one could only hope to dream that it would be so easy.

You held the camera close as your eyes kept watch of her car. You had tried your best to be discreet, not wanting the woman to notice you. Luckily enough, she didn't suspect a thing. A car was between you the whole time, which made her focus on that car instead of yours.

She got out of the car, making you prepare your camera to take a couple of pictures. She looked back near your car but not directly at yours. You held in a breath until she looked away. She headed to the hotel entrance, and luckily you had great angles.

So your night began. A really long night that didn't seem to have an end.

-

You scrolled through your phone, wondering when she was going to come out. Five hours later, she was still there. According to Mr. Tanaka, she always came back late, but she always came back. So you waited and waited, a yawn escaping your lips as you became sleepy.

Maybe the person she was waiting for hadn't arrived. You could only pray that she would walk out, holding hands with someone to finally finish this case and move on to the next. From the little time you had worked with Mr. Tanaka, you could tell how demanding he was which annoyed you. He treated you as if you were his everyday employee, at least through text messages which annoyed you. You had chosen to work by and for yourself to avoid those type of bosses.

Your eyes snapped wide open when you saw her walk out. You grabbed your camera, trying your best to get the best pictures of the tall woman. It was your lucky day, as you watched her arm be intertwined with some other guy's. You mostly paid attention to her, and how she walked to her car calmly, not a worry in her mind about her husband.

What you failed to notice was that the man had felt a pair of eyes glued his way. Animal instinct. His eyes landed on you, and on your camera as you took the pictures of her. She had no idea about her being watched, and you had no idea about you being watched. The stranger was too focused on you to even notice how the woman's hands snaked behind his neck to pull him down for a kiss.

You caught a perfect picture of the peck. You smirked, knowing that it would be enough evidence, and Mr. Tanaka would shortly send you the rest of the money. You looked over the picture, not a worry in your mind since you knew she had driven off. As you looked over the picture, her lover's white hair caught your eye.

Your heart nearly stopped as you looked at his side profile. Your jaw dropped, and at that very moment there was a knock on your window. You sighed and looked at it, seeing him of all people. He had noticed you. He grinned although he wasn't in the best mood. You ended up rolling down your window.

"Hey, what are you doing here? Taking pictures of me, nonetheless?" He questioned and a sigh escaped your lips.

"Your little girlfriend is cheating on her husband. I was hired to follow her. Never expected to find you here." You answered. Meanwhile you put away your camera, scared that he might do something to it.

"Fuck. That bastard hired you?" He reached his hand in to unlock the door and open it. He sat down and threw his head back onto the seat. You held the casing of the camera away from him, just in case. "What are you going to do?"

"What do you mean what am I going to do? I was hired to do a job, Satoru, and I will complete it." You answered. Perhaps if you weren't so upset you would've thought about deleting the pictures. But you didn't know why you felt like this... Was it jealousy? No, it couldn't be. You had gone on a couple of dates with Gojo, but that was it. Just a couple of dates. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Could you please delete them?" He asked. You looked at him and tilted your head.

"Why would I delete them? She's cheating on her husband, and she's going to receive her consequences." You stated.

"Consequences? What makes you think she'll receive consequences?" He questioned, making you raise your eyebrow.

"Elaborate."

"I mean, your husband cheats on you all the time, and what consequences does he get?" He was doing so to provoke you, and it was working. You were usually pretty calm but the way he was using your failed marriage as a means to prove his point, pissed you off.

"It's an open relationship, Satoru. Not that you know anything about relationships." You answered, which made him laugh. He wasn't quite done.

"Not like you know much about relationships either. You know, usually when you see you have no future somewhere, you leave. You can't quite do that now, can you?" It worked, as you grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer to you. You could feel his breathing on your face.

"Keep my goddamn marriage out of your mouth, Satoru. You want me to hit you or what, you stupid little shit? I'll be showing her husband the pictures and that's final." You told him, and he felt as if he had won. He reached over and grabbed the camera. It wasn't too late when your hand stopped him.

"I'm stronger than you, let go or I'll hurt you." Gojo warned you, making you smirk.

"Hurt me. I dare you. I have a gun." You revealed, making him gulp. He knew you weren't kidding since he let go of the camera. He opened the car door, and before getting out, he sat there and wondered if he had made a mistake by letting go.

"Why would you carry a gun here, anyways?" He asked, and you sighed as you reached into your back pocket to pull out the box of cigarettes.

"Almost got killed during an investigation and ever since I carry one." You shared, making his eyes widen. Probably had to be the most extreme story out of you, and he wanted to hear it.

"Will you tell me the story some other time?" He asked as he exited the car, making you laugh as you put the stick between your lips, grabbing the lighter that you kept in your console.

"There won't be some other time, Satoru." You told him. It was because of the night. Because of everything that had happened. The fact that he used your relationship to try and get your camera, the fact that he was helping a married woman cheat and the fact that he knew clearly how she was married but he didn't care. Your situations were different. You were in an open relationship. She wasn't. Worst part of all wasn't the whole affair. It was the fact that you felt jealous.

That was your first sign to leave Satoru Gojo alone and never contact him again.